Thursday, January 2, 2020

Starting off the roaring 20s with a race on 1-1-20 (Steam Whistle 12K)

I thought this meme was cute. 😁

2020 is here! Time to kick it in gear with some #GOALZ, per running world.  Tip of the month for January... "Small changes will set you up for successful miles. " Thanks running world!  Your goals don't have to be HUGE.  Start small and reward yourself when you accomplish your goal.  It will make it easier to increase those goals. 

So I started off on day one of 2020, with a 12K race (7.4 miles).  Weather was perfect.  Not too cold and not too hot.  The Steam Whistle race is my favorite ways to start the year.  What better way to get in a run than to go do it with several people.  😀

Several of the PPRF group was there and we grabbed a picture right before the race.. Yes, I'm the crazy one in the 2020 glasses:


I'm always amazed at how fast the women in my age group 50+ and the age group 60+ run!  I mean they are as fast and some faster than the 30 age group! I was 4th in my age group.  Just take a look at the times of the 50 & 60 age group... Fast women! I ran some of the race beside Pam and Vicki, but couldn't hang till the end... Lesson once again.. START OUT SLOW! 😝 Maybe one day I'll learn that fact. 😉


 I started off way too fast!  I guess I just felt so good it was like opening that gate for a race horse.  😏  So I ended up not sticking with that pace the entire 7.4 miles.  I did end up with a 9:18 average pace overall.  My fastest pace was 7:32!   No PR for me, but I had 
no body pains and just felt really good while running.  LOVED the cooler weather! 💓

I didn't hang around after the race and socialize, But a couple of friends sent me these pictures from the race:

Me finishing with my fan club .... ha

Nestor usually grabs a picture with everyone! 

Swamp Donkeys... missing Jennifer! 

  I quickly went home to finish New Years Day lunch for my family. 💕  We had a nice afternoon doing nothing but sitting around visiting while G watch bowl games. 💗 Me and Erin after lunch in pic... Brett had left to go to deer woods. 


And of course the grand pup, BOSS was in my lap most of the afternoon! 


So that's a wrap.  

So have you set any goals for 2020?










No comments:

Post a Comment

10 days post Boston Marathon 2024

  Have you ever second guessed yourself? Ever sat and tried to figure out what went wrong? It's now 10 days post Boston Marathon.  I kin...