Friday, March 16, 2018

Rain ... Rain... GO AWAY

Another week is almost behind us.  Trying to figure out my weekend long run and long bike around RAIN!  I'm so dang tired of this rain every weekend.  It can be pretty all week long while I'm at work and then it's going to RAIN all weekend.  We've had a couple of nice weekends this year, but for the majority they've been RAIN.  My yard is so wet in spots that it's useless to mop or vacuum because we have a dog that comes in and out and his big old paw prints are all over.  I'm just OVER this rain!  BTW it has rained all day today.... calling for 80-100% all weekend!


So this week is 29 weeks till IMCHOO (Ironman Chattanooga).  How am I feeling?  Actually pretty good.  I am LOVING having a coach!  Each Sunday she gives me my workouts for the following week via Training Peaks.  It's an outlet that a lot of athletes use.  Your Garmin data will upload to it automatically.  She can see exactly what I'm doing and how I'm doing.  It holds me accountable.  :>)  Plus she sends me feedback.  :>)  I told her in the beginning that the swim is what concerns me the most.  She assured me she would make me confident and ready for that 2.4 mile swim.  Well........ boy the swim workouts sure have been different than anything I've done before.  I use to just go swim and try to swim as many laps as possible.  Now I'm working more on form ... and I'm also swimming many laps.  I swam 3 miles this week.  Did a brick.. That's a bike ride followed immediately by a run.  Yep, starting them early.  My coach says I'll be so glad come September. :>) 

 I also love that each week my training peaks calendar has a countdown showing me what's coming up.

Week 22 Columbus GA Tri (OLY)
Week 15 Kona Marathon
Week 12 Heatwave Classic TRI
Week 8 Natchez Ride - 100 Miles
Week 6 Hattiesburg Ride - 65 Miles
Week 4 Tra Tri - Sprint TRI

Training can be one of the hardest things no matter what you are training for.  You must put in the time if you want to succeed.  I know firsthand that if I skimp on workouts, I will pay for it come race day.  Augusta Half Ironman was one of the hardest and most rewarding things I had ever done.  Those last few miles of running in 93 degree weather was awful.  So I know the full ironman is going to be work.  It won't come easy.  


But a little faith and hard work...  I know I can do this! 
I hope whatever you are training for that your training is going well and you are putting in the time.  You'll be thankful in the end.

Happy training! 
D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Half Marathon #50 for me! Run the Rainbow for the Children's Hospital in Jackson, Ms

  Saturday, March 16, 2024 I ran my 50th half marathon.  WOW!  never in a million years when I was younger would I have thought I would or e...