Monday, September 2, 2024

Labor your legs 5K 9-2-24

 First 5K in a long time.  I almost didn’t go.  Some of our group was not planning on racing today, so I debated on just running at home and not driving to Hattiesburg.   I am so glad I did.   It was HOT and HUMID!  But what a great turnout they had and it was probably the most little kids I’ve seen running a 5K!  Talk about inspiration ❤️.  When they started awards they started with 0-9 years old age group for the 5K!  That's little kids running 3.1 miles!  How awesome is that!??  

I met up with Be and Jane at the start line.

 And then we were off.  I chased Jane and Be chased me 😂.    I think we all inspired each other to run harder than normal.   I wanted to try to get a sub 30 minutes since I had not done a 5K in a long time.   When I started all this long distance stuff, my pace has slowed way down.  I'm more of a social runner now. ha   But bam I did it... sub 30!   

Barely … but sub 30 minutes it was and I even walked 2X to catch my breath.  😂.   I saw Chris when I came in.  He’s always got a smile.  We had to take a selfie so I could send it to the girls that was not there.   
 It was finally time for awards.  I had hung around with Ronnie and Be visiting and waiting to see the fast people in my age group.   Sometimes you think getting older people will get slower and they get faster.  😜😁😂.  

Race shirts.  

My Award... this pottery is made at the ARC organization.  A wonderful organization in Hattiesburg that does wonderful things for disabled people.  



Be got 1st place and Ronnie for 3rd place.   So proud of that 70s age group!   They keep on moving!  I want to be them when I’m 70!! ❤️❤️❤️

Well that’s a wrap.  5K in the books. 

2 comments:

  1. You are so awesome, and it's people like you and your group of Fabulous Ladies that keep a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete

South Jones Class of 1984 - My 40 year class reunion! 9-21-24

  How can it be 40 years???!! 40 years since we walked down those halls at South Jones with barely a care in the world.  We longed to get th...