Monday, December 3, 2018

RUNCATION .... A visit to Graceland before St. Jude Marathon 11-30-18

RUNCATION

I love to make a vacation out of a race weekend.  Even if it is just something small like going to see Graceland.  Every year I tell my mom and Erin that we are going to go to Graceland on Sunday after the race, but every year we are so tired on Sunday morning all we want to do is drive home.  My mom has been with my dad before, but neither me nor Erin have been.  So this year I made the decision that I would go first before doing any race stuff.  I'm so glad I did!  Except this year mom was unable to go with us so we missed her badly.   She loves Elvis and she would have been in heaven although she's seen Graceland before.  

So Thursday when I got off work Erin and I headed on to Memphis.  We stayed at a Holiday Inn that was right down the street from Graceland.  I only had my Peabody reservation for Friday & Saturday night.  I figured if we stayed close to Graceland it would make it easy to go there real quick on Friday morning and then head on to the Peabody by lunch time.  It worked out perfect!  We got to Graceland before they opened and were ready and waiting to get our ticket and go on the tour.   

The Holiday Inn had a  pool shaped like a Guitar. 


Graceland is different.  I sure for back in his time it was normal.  However, I actually liked so many things in the house.  It's very neat and we took a million pictures.  We took the tour that included the mansion, the cars, the planes & other stuff like his outfits and gold records.  I'll share some of my favorite ones.  


























 And that's a wrap.  We had a blast!  Then off to the Peabody & Race Expo.  To be continued in the next post. 
D



No comments:

Post a Comment

10 days post Boston Marathon 2024

  Have you ever second guessed yourself? Ever sat and tried to figure out what went wrong? It's now 10 days post Boston Marathon.  I kin...