Monday, February 21, 2022

The Lighthouse Dash - Petal Children's Task Force 5K - 2/12/2022

 

I love doing this 5K.   It's for an awesome cause... the CHILDREN!  You don't realize how many children locally are going without food, etc.    The Petal Children's Task Force is there to help!  I think they said they raised like $26,000 with the event.  They have some pretty nice sponsors.   I love being able to run the race and contribute a small portion of that $26,000.   I met up with my PPRF friends.  Not all of us were there this year... we missed Felicia, Penny, Be, Ann, ... Hope I didn't leave anyone else out. πŸ˜„   Waffle house always serves breakfast after the race which is a nice treat!  


Candy's grandson coming in.  He was running / walking with Candy and her daughter and we encouraged him to run on in to the finish line to his teacher.. Michelle.  πŸ’“





I actually got 2nd in my age group.  I haven't ran many 5Ks at all in a long time so speed work to place in a 5K ... well is kind of hard for this long distance runner. πŸ˜‚  I'm just thankful at 55 that God still allows me to run with my friends.   It was a great morning in fellowship with them. 

Happy Running Peeps!



No comments:

Post a Comment

10 days post Boston Marathon 2024

  Have you ever second guessed yourself? Ever sat and tried to figure out what went wrong? It's now 10 days post Boston Marathon.  I kin...