Wednesday, October 19, 2022

A new Grand daughter is born....... Neely Ann Wood 9-17-22

The night before Neely was born... Zoie about to become a big sis! 

Neely Ann Wood made her appearance on Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 5:35 pm weighing 7 lbs 13 oz and 21 inches long.  

After several hours of being in labor, the decision was made for Whitney to have a C -Section.  Ms Neely was having a hard time getting in the correct position to come naturally without some complications.   We are very thankful for Whitney's doctor and taking such good care of Whitney & baby Neely.  Check out that proud mom and dad below! Plus Whitney's mom... Grancy! 😍



We were unable to see baby Neely up close after delivery due to her swallowing some meconium.   The concern with meconium is that your baby will breathe it into their lungs. Aspirating or inhaling meconium can make it hard for your baby to breathe. This can lead to respiratory distress, infection or other serious conditions.  So they kept her and monitored her oxygen for several hours.  We were allowed to view her for a few minutes through the glass windows with Brett.   It was emotional for me as Brett's mother to see him directly after the birth.  I couldn't believe my baby boy was now a DAD!  I could tell he was upset slightly.  He was worried about his little girl.  We both hugged and cried happy tears together that baby girl was here and that Whitney was doing good.  He showed me a picture they had taken in the operating room of how much hair she has... check it out.. 

Me.. and Brett watching as they are monitoring baby Neely

This is my  mom... great grandma comforting Brett as they look through the windows at Neely

The whole gang was so happy to finally get a peek at her through the glass windows.

Check out that dark hair!

It was not till Sunday that they finally got to keep Neely in their room and I finally got to hold my granddaughter that evening. 💖  A few pics from the hospital:


Proud YAYA




My baby boy ... new DAD

Little family of 3.. 💓


Aunt Erin finally got to hold her also. 


heading home... 

she wore home the same outfit that her mom wore home from the hospital.  💓

I was so happy she made it here on time!  Whit's due date was 9/16 and I was leaving for my Europe trip on 9/22 .... so you can imagine I was kind of stressing hoping she would not be late.  I wanted to see her before I left the country.   While I was gone Whitney would send me daily pictures of her. 💖  I decided to bring her something back also... I grabbed her a book from Germany, a book from Paris and a book from London.  I told Whitney she would have to translate the one from Germany and Paris... 😂







I was so happy to see her when I got back.  She's getting more and more alert every day!  I can't believe she's one month old! 


She found her thumb... 

Oh my goodness... look at that pumpkin! 





We got sneak pics back of their pictures they had made when she was like 17 days old... here are the 3 sneak pics... I LOVE THEM!  




Baby Neely Ann Wood you are so LOVED! Can't wait to watch you grow. 💚💛💜💗💗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying Pig Marathon - 5/4/24

  Last marathon for me until the Fall. 🙌🙌🙌😁 3 weeks after Boston another marathon.. say what.. ha ... I think we actually registered for...