Monday, August 7, 2023

Lydia Mae Brown Arrives... 8-3-23

 Lydia Mae Brown



Born August 3, 2023 @ 9:03pm weighing 8 lbs. 3 oz., 20 1/2 inches long... head full of black hair.  I am thrilled that she shares the same middle name as my grandmother and my great grandmother. 💗💗

I gained another grand daughter! I was able to be in the labor / delivery room the whole time.  There are no words to really describe how amazing it all was to watch Lydia take her first breath and cry.  You remember when your children were born and how special that is...but let me tell you... a grandbaby is a whole other level.  😀   My heart was so full and happy watching my daughter with her own daughter.  YaYa life is just GRAND.  And I thank God every day for this wonderful blessing. 🙏

Erin had a very long day of labor.  She progressed really fast and then Lydia would not get into the correct position.  She was sideways.  So they had to end up doing a section after like 14 hours of labor for poor Erin.  Actually she had probably been in labor off and on for several days.  She was dilated to 3cm for over a week with pains off and on and just plain miserable.  Her water finally broke early Thursday morning around 3:30am and we went to the hospital around 6:30 or 7am...  I've lost track of time the last few days with not much sleep.. ha   Or I should say what we thought it was her water.  Apparently Erin also had what they call a forebag of water.  Apparently there can be 2 bags of water and usually they join together at end of pregnancy and sometimes... they don't... one will pop or leak and the other will stay intact.  You can loose lots of fluid just like your water is broke, but there is still another bag that the doctor will have to break.  I had to google it because I had never heard of this.  So this is what Erin had.  They said that's why her contractions didn't start right away after the forebag broke.   They put her in a labor room around 7:30am and broke her other bag around 9:30am.  So from 7:30am to 9pm.... no food..... no drink.... she was starved and completely worn out by the time Lydia got here.  With both of my kids coming within 2-4 hours after labor started ... and me not having a C-section... I just had no idea what women go through that labor all day and then end up having a C-section.   Let's just say I have a whole new appreciation for those moms! I've never seen so many positions they put put the mom in to try to get the baby to move in the right position.  I'm so proud of Erin.  She hung in there like a champ!  And even afterwards when she could barely move or focus due to pain meds, she still looked like a champ! She's going to be a great mom! 

Here are a few pictures of my beautiful new grandbaby:


Big Sister, Aybri is so in love!

YaYa got to hold Lydia right after she was born.. poor Erin at this point had been pumped so full of fluids and stuff all day... she was miserable. 





Mom & Dad are over the moon. 

Boss loves his new little sister!

Lydia came home in the same dress that Erin came home in. 💕



Neely loves her new cousin... I knew they are going to be fast friends!




I can't wait to see these two girls grew up together! They will be in the same grade!  💟  

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 days post Boston Marathon 2024

  Have you ever second guessed yourself? Ever sat and tried to figure out what went wrong? It's now 10 days post Boston Marathon.  I kin...