Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Moselle 5K - Bolting for Brantlee 2-22-20

Moselle 5K


Back to the school I went to elementary school at .. many.. many years ago.. 😁 Matter of fact we didn't even have this nice gym that they have now.  It's a whole new school.  I haven't had time for many local 5Ks the past few years with all my bigger races and training for those bigger races.  I was so glad I was able to go do this race.  The race was to benefit a first grader named Brantlee that was just diagnosed with cancer.  💙

I was also thrilled to be running with some of my family.  My sister is the Librarian at the school so she was walking the 5K and my 2 nieces were running the 5K.   The youngest niece also runs track and she is FAST!! She won the state track meet for the 2 mile distance when she was only a 9th grader!  I thought I might draft off of her, but there is a huge difference in a 21 min 5K and a 25 min 5K. 😃  I did however have a nice time even though my legs were still a tad sore and tired from the marathon the weekend before and I only stopped running at the half way point to drink some water real quick.  My watch showed the distance just a tad short or I really cut the corners short. 😀  I got 1st place in my age division and it was funny when I heard one of the students that had came over and spoke to my sister say when they called my name out... "She's that old... 50-59??"   I just smiled real big. 😀


My youngest niece won overall female! and my other niece placed in her age group!  Here's a picture of all of us:

Brooklyn, Laura Ann, Cherie (my sis), & Me



Fun times with FAMILY. 💖 and what better way to spend the day than helping a family going through a very difficult time. 💕


No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying Pig Marathon - 5/4/24

  Last marathon for me until the Fall. 🙌🙌🙌😁 3 weeks after Boston another marathon.. say what.. ha ... I think we actually registered for...