Friday, April 3, 2015

Good Friday


What does good Friday mean to you? Why do they call it good when it's the day Jesus was crucified?



To me Good Friday begins Easter weekend.  The day the world changed for everyone.  Everyone now has a choice.  Do they want to live eternally or not.  As for me, I do. 

I can not imagine living in Jesus' time and seeing him carry his cross to where he would be nailed to it to die.  Would I have been scared and hid in the crowd not wanting people to know I believed in him or would I have stood up against he crowd cheering for him to be crucified?  That's a very tough question.  I hope if there ever comes a time in my life where someone questions my faith in a life or death situation that I will stand up. 

The Bible teaches us that Jesus was sent here to die for "US".  He died so that we can live eternally with him.  I pray that as we go about the Easter weekend we will all reflect upon our own lives.  Are we living for him?  Are we carrying his cross? Or do we just go through each day saying we believe?  There is a quote that I love that goes like this....We are not what we say, but what we do. 

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


2 comments:

  1. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!
    best black friday mattress deals

    ReplyDelete

10 days post Boston Marathon 2024

  Have you ever second guessed yourself? Ever sat and tried to figure out what went wrong? It's now 10 days post Boston Marathon.  I kin...