Thursday, April 2, 2015

Negativity

How do you deal with negative people? Do you have those people in your life that no matter what they are talking about there is always something negative brought into the conversation?   I try to strive to be positive most of the time.  I'm the type person that will give people a million chances because I try to see the good in them.  I've been told that I'll let people walk all over me thinking the person will change or become a better person.  Do you do that?  I have a few friends that won't.  They tell it like it is. LOL  They can spot a bad apple immediately and will tell me I'm just being too nice assuming that person isn't really bad.  Ever do that?

I hope when people think of me they do not think of me as a negative person.  I know sometimes I get depressed, but I try to not show that side to my friends.  I try to retreat and ask God to show me the good things in my life.  I have a couple friends that I so wish that they could have peace.  They seem to ALWAYS be stressing.  It's every day.  I really don't know how people sleep that stress like that.  I've rarely seen these people happy.  I mean really happy with themselves! They may appear happy for one minute but in the next minute they are quoting something they are depressed about.  I just want to scream sometimes and say "STOP IT".  You are not focusing on the good when you constantly bring up the bad.  We all have trials in our life.  Some have more than others.  I pray that I handle my trials with grace.  Yes, we all need grace.  God's grace.  Today my prayer is for my friends needing peace.

Dear Lord,
Please wrap your loving arms around these friends of mine that seem to be so wound up so tightly in all their problems that they do not see the good things.  They tend to only focus on the "what ifs" and "troubles" in their lives.  May they bring them to you and leave it all at your feet.  May they find your peace.  I know it's hard for them to release it all to you.  But I pray for your guidance so that they can release it ALL.  Thank you for all of your many blessings and thank you for these friends in my life.  Even if sometimes I want to scream at them, may I remember that all they need is love... My love and your love.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half Marathon #50 for me! Run the Rainbow for the Children's Hospital in Jackson, Ms

  Saturday, March 16, 2024 I ran my 50th half marathon.  WOW!  never in a million years when I was younger would I have thought I would or e...