Wednesday, April 8, 2015

On a mission...........

Well, as some of you know I was selected in the lottery drawing for the New York Marathon which will be held on November 1, 2015.  So I've got 6 months to get ready.  I've been on a little rest break after my 2 marathons and a 50K but it's time to start back and kick it in gear.  However what you might not know is that I'm trying to also build a base on my TRIs.  So I'm currently biking, running, & swimming.  I have a sprint TRI planned for July.  So I've got to keep up my biking and swimming for that and then my ultimate goal is to do a half Ironman in September, 2016.  So...... that give me 1 year and 5 months to build a good base before the half Ironman. 

I've only been swimming a sprint distance which is around 12-13 laps in the pool.  Now to build up to a half Ironman, I need to swim 40 laps in a pool! (50 meter laps)  I will say that today as I was trying to get organized and prepare a training schedule that 40 laps has seriously scared me to death! I'm not a strong swimmer by no means.  I'm getting better now that I'm going 2-3 times a week to swim.  I guess it's just like building a base to run a marathon.  I remember when I only did 5Ks (3.1 miles) that I thought there was no way I could ever run 26.2 miles.  But I did it! It takes a lot of training.  If you are not willing to put in the training, you'll never improve.  

As one of my good friends always says... "it takes guts and fortitude to do it".  So I'm on a mission.  Yep a HUGE mission. LOL  I've got to prepare my body to run the marathon in New York in 6 months and also keep up my training to build me a strong base for a half Ironman.  How are I going to do this?  Well, I tell you how.....  ~A LOT OF PRAYING~

~ It would be easy to not do the work, but the course doesn't care what you say you've done.  It only gives you what you've earned. ~ Ironman 70.3 Augusta


Last night as I was driving home from my run and swim, I had to stop and capture this beautiful sunset.  Sometimes we have to stop and smile at God's beauty.  It also reminded me that he's watching over me every step I take. 


~Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his face evermore. ~ Psalms 105:4

Happy Training to you in whatever you are getting ready for! D

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Boston Marathon 2024 (Part 2 - The Marathon)

  Once again I say, I just can't thank you enough to Susan Hurley, Founder and Owner of Charity Teams and Kim Chisholm, Executive Direct...