Sunday, April 19, 2015

Joy

Recently I watched the movie "The Bucket List".  I've watched this movie several times since it came out on DVD.  We actually own a copy.  I love Morgan Freeman in most anything I've seen him play in over the years.  And maybe this movie hits home with me as I'm approaching my 49 birthday.   Somedays I still feel like I'm 25, then I realize I'm really getting older.

Do you recall the scene where they are sitting at the Egyptian Pyramids and Morgan asked Jack two questions?  The questions really make you think about your life.

1.  Have you found joy in your life?
2.  Has your life brought joy to others?

What is Joy?  A feeling of great pleasure or happiness is the normal definition you'll find.  Some synonyms are delight, joyfulness, jubilation, triumph, exultation, happiness, gladness, glee, exhilaration, exuberance, bliss, etc.

We can have joy in many different things in our life.  Our family, our God, our activities, our jobs, etc.  As you think about your life,  write down some joys in your life.  Then try to think as to whether you have brought joy to others.  Then thank God for those joys.

~In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NKJV

I give thanks today for so many friends.  Especially my running peeps.  They let me be me.  They love me whether I'm first or last.  They support me and cheer me on.  They are the BEST.  I'm looking forward to seeing them in a couple hours for a 5 Miler on the trace.  My prayer for you today is that you have friends that are awesome as my friends.  


God Bless and have a great day! D Run4TheKids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boston Marathon 2024 (Part 2 - The Marathon)

  Once again I say, I just can't thank you enough to Susan Hurley, Founder and Owner of Charity Teams and Kim Chisholm, Executive Direct...