Thursday, April 9, 2015

Good Morning to ya!

Good Morning Peeps!  Well, it was day 2 of my plank challenge.  I plan to do at least 1 plank a day for 1 min to see how many days in a row I can keep it going.  I have a blogger friend that is on like 315 days straight! She's amazing.  Check out her blog.  I have her on my blog list.   Well, here's my pic to prove it.  You can tell by my face that I sure enjoyed my plank this am.  hee hee

Just another day in paradise. HA!  The eyes say it all this morning.  Last night I biked and then swam and this morning I got up at 5am and ran.... so forgive the face... I'm a little tired.  :>)

I'm the type person that has to write down my plan and share it with my running friends so they can hold me accountable.  I feel that once I write it down that it makes it official.  So I've got my New York plan ready and training begins the week of June 29th.  Believe me that will be here before I know it!  Got to get mentally prepared.  As with anything, if you don't put in the work, you will not reap the benefits.  So TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN even when you are tired of it... cause then you can just enjoy the race and your body will thank you!  So here's my plan.  (remember I've got to keep up my bike and swim also)

Training for New York!
Date Week Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
29-Jun 1 Rest 3 m run / Swim 5 m pace 3 m run / Spin Swim 8 Bike
6-Jul 2 Rest 3 m run / Swim 5 m run 3 m run / Spin Swim 9 Bike
13-Jul 3 Rest 3 m run / Swim 5 m pace 3 m run / Spin Swim 6 Bike
20-Jul 4 Rest 3 m run / Swim 6 m pace 3 m run / Spin Swim 11 Bike
27-Jul 5 Rest 3 m run / Swim 6 m run 3 m run / Spin Swim 12 Bike
3-Aug 6 Rest 3 m run / Swim 6 m pace 3 m run / Spin Swim 9 Bike
10-Aug 7 Rest 4 m run / Swim 7 m pace 4 m run / Spin Swim 14 Bike
17-Aug 8 Rest 4 m run / Swim 7 m run 4 m run / Spin Swim 15 Bike
24-Aug 9 Rest 4 m run / Swim 7 m pace 4 m run / Spin Swim Rest Half Marathon
31-Aug 10 Rest 4 m run / Swim 8 m pace 4 m run / Spin Swim 17 Bike
7-Sep 11 Rest 5 m run / Swim 8 m run 5 m run / Spin Swim 18 Bike
14-Sep 12 Rest 5 m run / Swim 8 m pace 5 m run / Spin Swim 13 Bike
21-Sep 13 Rest 5 m run / Swim 5 m pace 5 m run / Spin Swim 19 Bike
28-Sep 14 Rest 5 m run / Swim 8 m run 5 m run / Spin Swim 12 Bike
5-Oct 15 Rest 5 m run / Swim 5 m pace 5 m run / Spin Swim 20 Bike
Oct-44 16 Rest 5 m run / Swim 4 m pace 5 m run / Spin Swim 12 Bike
19-Oct 17 Rest 4 m run / Swim 3 m run 4 m run / Spin Swim 8 Bike
26-Oct 18 Rest 3 m run / Swim 2 m run Rest Swim 2 m run Marathon   









Note:  No half planned for August yet… will probably just do 13.1 miles at marathon pace
Plan to run on Tuesday mornings and swim at night. (swim 2X week)


Plan to run on Thursday mornings and spin class at night. (that give me 2 bike days)     

Now your job as my running friend is to keep me going. :>)  I'll be doing most of this training with my run team because we will also be preparing for the St. Jude Memphis Marathon weekend on December 5!  So I'll just pump up my miles 1 month ahead of the normal training to be ready for New York.  So excited about Team Run4TheKids!  I'll have a post coming soon tell you all about that team as registration opens on May 1st for Memphis!   D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boston Marathon 2024 (Part 2 - The Marathon)

  Once again I say, I just can't thank you enough to Susan Hurley, Founder and Owner of Charity Teams and Kim Chisholm, Executive Direct...