Wednesday, April 15, 2015

What kind of example am I?



Boy that's a deep question.  I'll let you ponder your answer while I discuss what the Bible teaches us.  It teaches us to be a positive influence.

1 Timothy 4:12 NKJV says "Be an example to the believers in the word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

I read something recently that said if we are the kind of christian whose actions day in and day out, are based upon integrity, fidelity, and a love for the Lord then we are not only blessed by God, we are a powerful force for good in the world.  WOW! A powerful force for good in the world. Don't we need more of that was my first thought.  Yes, we are all in our own small corners of the world, but what if we were ALL a powerful source for good in those small corners?  The world might be a lil different I would think.  

I read this while also seeing so many comments on social media about a recent accident in my local town that killed a teenager.  Some of the comments were very judgemental.  I couldn't help but to feel sorry for the families involved.  It's so easy to judge when we ourselves are not in the situation.  I fall short of this also.  I'm human just like everyone else.  I use to also do a double take when I was younger and my preacher would say that he also falls short of being sinless.  He would say, "I'm human".  And it's so true.  No one is sinless... no matter how Godly you might think that person is...including a preacher.  Jesus was the only person who went without sin and then he died for ALL of OUR sins.  

So my question of the day to my readers is... What kind of example are you?  I hope and pray that we all thrive to be a positive influence in this dark world.  If we judge people, we only teach the younger generation to do the same.  When we should all fall on our knees and pray.  Here's my prayer for today:



Let's get the powerful force of good flowing in our small corners of the world.  Have a Bless Day - D 

P.S. Day 8 of 1 min planks a day. YIPPIE ... oh and I'm tried from my 20 laps (.62 miles) swim last night especially with a pulled muscle in my back from trying to be superwoman! But I praise God for allowing me the strength and endurance to train. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 days post Boston Marathon 2024

  Have you ever second guessed yourself? Ever sat and tried to figure out what went wrong? It's now 10 days post Boston Marathon.  I kin...