Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Motivation to exercise

What motivates you? Is it your friends? Family? Coworkers? God?  

What is motivation?  It's literally the desire to do things....... 

So who or what gives you the desire to do things? Is it to keep up with what ya friend does? Is it to prove something to yourself?   What??? 

These are some deep thoughts.  For me it is a combination of so many things.  I think first my desire is to try to keep my body young. Ha. I guess deep down I figure as long as I'm active, I'll never get old. Now I do realize that isn't true cause sometimes I feel like I'm still 25 and then I look in the mirror and see the age all over my face.  

My friends also give me tons of motivation.  I've developed some strong friendships with my exercise buddies and I miss them when I don't see them. We fellowship with each other almost as much as we workout. I can count on these friends. If I miss a couple days they will call or text me and get me back on track. We hold each other accountable. Today I was having a very hard day and work and was debating on skipping spin class until my friend, Frank texted me and said he had my bike ready.   Frank is one of the most caring friends I have in my circle. He looks after me all the time. Sometimes I feel that I don't tell him enough how much I appreciate him.  So I went to spin class feeling like crap and just wanting to go home to bed. During class I thought of several friends going through issues and I kept telling myself to suck it up and finish what you started. 

But I could not doing any of what I do without God. There is always a scripture I can find when I'm feeling lowly and I'm reminded he's right beside me. 

"For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish.” Jeremiah 31:25



No comments:

Post a Comment

Boston Marathon 2024 (Part 2 - The Marathon)

  Once again I say, I just can't thank you enough to Susan Hurley, Founder and Owner of Charity Teams and Kim Chisholm, Executive Direct...