Tuesday, March 31, 2015

What's ya source of comfort?

Are you facing a challenge? Or difficult situation? If so, I've bet you've heard the phrase, "no problem is too big for God", right?  Sometimes we hear these phrases and we just nod and say…. I know.  But do we actually believe it and most importantly trust it?  Sometimes it's very hard to trust especially in God.  We tend to jump ahead and try to solve everything ourselves not giving God time to work his magic.  Psalms 94:19 says, "when doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer."  When our self doubt gets the best of us, we should remember the words of Jesus to his disciples, saying, "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid" Matthew 14:27.  
I guess what I"m saying is that we all tend to believe, but we need to learn to trust more.  I'm often surrounded by people who worry themselves sick.  They say they pray but I don't think they truly pray and leave it all with God.  That's what he tells us to do.  We are to go to him in prayer and tell him ALL.  Our troubles, our praises, etc. and ask for his guidance.  After we have prayed we are to quit worrying and trust him.  It's taken me a VERY LONG time to learn this and I still struggle with it form time to time.  I do believe that giving 5-10 minutes a day in quiet time with God reading the Bible and prayer helps.  I use to skimp on that but over the past year and half I've made this a goal.  I can honestly say that I feel differently.  I'm not stressing as much and I have more peace.  
"No journey is complete that does not lead through some dark valleys.  We can properly comfort others only with the comfort we ourselves have been given by God." Vance Harver  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boston Marathon Weekend 2024 (Part 1 - Travel with mom)

  I decided to break this post into 2 parts because there is just so much to share about Boston. 💛💙 First, my mom went with me to Boston. ...