Friday, March 27, 2015

Tomorrow's accomplishments begin today....

Ever had a day where you just want to go home and crawl in bed? Well that was my kind of day! Friday is always a very busy day for me at work. Today seemed extra busy. Every time I thought I was getting caught up, another person would call and want something. Nothing was quick! I keyed numbers from 2007-2014 just for one report! Yes, it wasn't something I could download or copy and paste. I had to hand key the numbers from old magazines that my boss had saved grrrrrrrrrr

Anyway, today was swim night. When I finally left the office shortly after 6pm, I started just driving home. I was thinking to myself that I would just skip swim. I was tired and just wanted a hot bath and a glass of wine. As I was driving, I thought of my friend Jenn. I knew she'd be there to swim. She's training for a full ironman! Yep you got that right. 140.6 miles total! That's swim, bike, then run a full marathon! So as I was thinking of her, I turned around and said to myself..... Suck it up! You won't get no where if you don't train. See I haven't ran in 2 weeks because I'm giving my legs/body time to recover from all the running I did last year so anytime I'm not running I get very irritable. Ha. Even though I know this cross training is going to help me. Especially if I do sunfish TRI in July. 😄. 

So here I go to swim. Jenn isn't there yet. She either bikes or runs first so she gets there later. It's Friday and the pool is empty. Warren is sitting there waiting. I had told him I'd probably be there Friday night. So I hope in. Water is Cold! But as soon as I start swimming, I warm up and all the stress of the day begins to wash away. Such a good feeling! Then warren tells me my swimming is improving. See I'm trying to learn the proper way to swim with my face in the water. So hard when you start learning that at 49! But it's getting better each time I go 😄. You know what they say.... Practice makes perfect. 😜

Jenn arrives after I've done 3 laps (long laps)! We talk for a minute while she is cooling off from running. She's such an inspiration. She'll do a 4 hour bike ride tomorrow and then a 12 mile run on Sunday. She normally only takes off on Monday to rest. I admire her!  I not sure I would ever want to do a full ironman.... Too much train time....but maybe a half next year when I'm 50 if I can spend this year building a good base.    .........  See that's my point of this long post. Unless you practice or train at something, you'll never get better and make accomplishments. So what ya waiting for? Get up and go after ya dreams. 😄

~and Jesus answered, "why are you afraid? You have so little faith!"  Then he stood up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly all was calm.  Matthew 8:26 NLT

We must remember that God is not just there, he is simply HERE. Have faith. 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boston Marathon 2024 (Part 2 - The Marathon)

  Once again I say, I just can't thank you enough to Susan Hurley, Founder and Owner of Charity Teams and Kim Chisholm, Executive Direct...