Thursday, April 30, 2015

GOALS

Well tomorrow is May 1st!  Time is flying by or to me it sure seems like it is going by extremely fast!  Tomorrow is a big day for my run team! Registration opens for the St. Jude Memphis Marathon weekend!  I can't wait to get us registered as a team and let the training and fundraising begin! 





It's going to be a great year!  I just have such a good feeling!! 
In 2014, we raised slightly over $28,000.  This year we hope to raise $30,000!  I'll be keeping you updated as the year progresses!  

As you register tomorrow, find a training plan that works for you and set yourself some goals.   Begin your goal with these two powerful words.. "I will" and then after you write them down, tell someone.  And make sure you not only set you some mileage / training goals but set some mental goals.  If you've ever ran a half or full marathon, you know that it is not only physical ability that gets you across that finish line, but also mental ability.  Begin with positive thoughts.  If it takes making little post it notes and putting them on your bathroom mirror, your computer at work or your dash board of your car, do it.  They will hold you accountable.  As Adam Goucher would say, Do not feed the wrong wolf!  We all have two different wolves inside us and the one that wins is the one we feed.  So begin your training with a positive attitude.  Don't doubt yourself.  You can and you will do it!  But you have to start by telling yourself first... "I WILL" and then tell others.  Make your goals known.  Then when you are about to stop when you are dog tired in a race, you'll remember what your wrote and that you also told someone you would and it will perk you up and help you finish.  Let's do it for the kids!  

As you can tell, I'm super excited about Memphis!  I love St. Jude and there is something really special about running that race.  I get chills just thinking about running through the hospital grounds as patients with their families cheer you on.  It's truly an amazing experience.  

Now for me, I'm setting a goal for myself for the month of May.  I will run every day in May.  On my normal rest day, I will get in 1 mile so by May 31st, I will have ran 31 days straight!  

Ok.. I've written it down and told someone.  Now it's up to me to do it!  What about you?  Got any goals for May? What about for Memphis?  If not, it's time to think about some. 

Have a blessed day! Less than 24 hours until registration opens! YIPPIE
D, Team Run4TheKids Captain!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boston Marathon 2024 (Part 2 - The Marathon)

  Once again I say, I just can't thank you enough to Susan Hurley, Founder and Owner of Charity Teams and Kim Chisholm, Executive Direct...