Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday fun day

Today was a very busy day for a Sunday. I crawled out of bed at 6am. Yes, crawled! Saturday was a long day of fundraising for St. Jude and I was exhausted.  I did not want to get up and almost didn't. But once I got up and walked out the door to run, I was praising the good Lord that I did get up. It was a beautiful morning!! I meet my running friend Frank at 6:30am and we did slightly over 8 miles together. Felt good to run. You know they say the hardest part is getting up! Well, I agree! I laid in bed giving myself every excuse to stay there. But I'm so glad I didn't. I knew later today I would be too tired to run because I was having my dad and my daughter's bday party at my house.  Frank and I talked and the time flew by as we ran.  Frank also captured me as I began my plank.  Can't miss a day! Got a challenge going. :>)



After running, I rushed home to begin prepping for the party.  I had burgers to get ready, grill to light, tea to make, etc.  I was able to get all the grilling done before my guest arrived.  Well, my Aunt June and Mawmaw arrived as I was finishing and it was a good thing cause my eyes were watering so bad from the smoke of the grill that I looked like I was crying!  I think I cooked 35 hamburgers and 12 hot dogs.  We have a BIG family!  My SILs were bringing the beans and condiments.  My sis was bringing the buns and as usual she was the LAST person to get there. LOL  We were all starving.  If you've ever been around a big family, you know that when the food is ready it is very chaotic.  There are mothers trying to fix the kids plates and the MEN trying to get their plates.  Usually us women are last. LOL  I waited until everyone had fixed their plate before I fixed mine.  It was loud and crazy in the house.  After we ate, we had cake for Erin and Dad.  They both had a ton of candles to blow out.  I didn't think dad was going to get his to go out. LOL  He turned 70 and Erin turned 25!  


All the little kids got kick out of watching daddy blow out his candles.  I had put "sparkle" candles in with the real candles and they did not want to go out!  He'd blow them and they'd go out and start back up.  Erin's candles were melting like crazy and she was all worried about the wax being on her cake. :>)   Mom made Erin one of her favorite cakes.  I just ordered Dad's from Walmart.  HA! It was great though!



My dad being funny!

And of course everyone wanted close to Madelyn Grace! She's the newest member of our family :>) She's adorable.  

Erin, My mom and Madelyn Grace Sellers

We showed dad a video that I had put together for his birthday and he was really surprised!  Mom said he had been kind of down all week wondering why we hadn't done anything for him since he turned 70! We had decided to wait and do it the weekend after her birthday and I guess he thought we forgot.  I had to go to the back of the room so I wouldn't cry during the video.....so I really couldn't see his face as he watched it.  Devon said she got some pictures so I can't wait to see them.  Brett was giving me a hard time asking me if I was crying! They all know how sentimental I am!! I can't hold it in!  Erin told me later this evening that when I had her and Brett's graduation party last year and I had written both of them a note that I read at the party in which I cried like a baby! That Brett later took his letter to a party that night with his friends and read it out loud to them and imitated me crying! OH that BOY! I'm gonna get him one day! hee hee

It was a GREAT day!  I'm very blessed with family!  WE are LOUD and messy, but I love them all!  I had mom grab a picture of me and my sis right before she left.  She doesn't do social media so people rarely see her face.  I LOVE HER DEARLY! She's my hero.  



and then I grabbed a picture of Dakota, my nephew and Erin before he left.  He's come so far since his accident that almost took his life.  He looks so good now! He's back in school and doing well.  I'm so very proud of him!  Him and Erin are six months apart in age.  I can't believe they are both 25 now!!! Where has the time gone? 


Happy Sunday! Hug your family! Tell them you love them! Don't take a day for granted!  

Have a blessed evening! Love D

"Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." 1 John 4:11 NKJV








No comments:

Post a Comment

Boston Marathon 2024 (Part 2 - The Marathon)

  Once again I say, I just can't thank you enough to Susan Hurley, Founder and Owner of Charity Teams and Kim Chisholm, Executive Direct...