Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Suicide by Spin!

I decided to call this post "Suicide by Spin" cause that's what it was tonight.  If you don't believe me....well take a look.

Yep that would be me and my good friend Serina......and our teacher(Mel) in the background grinning like she just whipped out butts. ha  YES SHE DID.  See we give her heck every week.  She calls us "you runners".  There is a lot of texting back and forth before class some days.  Today was one of those days.  She texted us and said, "all you runners come on to spin.... internal suicide tonight....and I WILL be making sure Frank turns his knob".  OH MY is what I was thinking when I read her message.  So I sent back this picture...and said "fueling up".
I told her I was getting me some carbs so I'd be ready! Yes that is a Pecan Wheel with peanut butter on top! My friend Jenn introduced me to these at our Marathon last year.  They are really good. I'll have to tell you more about Jenn later.  She's one of the strongest women I know! 

Well, class started out pretty good.... Serina and I were ready. :>)
We are always up to a challenge! Plus class is more fun when friends do it together.  However after an 8 minute song where we did blast of intervals...... we were not smiling so big.... hence the picture you saw in the beginning of us laying over on our bikes.  :>)  We should have gotten Frank in the picture but I think he was still recovering from Mel turning his knob.  See when you turn the knob it tightens the tension like you have weight on the bike...makes it harder to pedal.  I'm glad she pushes us cause it's really improved our running.  Just don't tell Mel! We don't want to give her the big head. LOL

So I ended the class by stretching.  I LOVE me some stretching and it's so good for you!

So how's ya week going?  So far I've continued my planks every day! I've also ran or I should say had time on my feet every day so far.  I'm not sure it's really good for your body to run everyday so on my normal rest day, I only do 1 mile and it's a very easy mile.  It's all about "time on feet".  So...what you waiting for?? Get out there and get some exercise.  It does the body good.  Heck, It's the way I relieve stress.  We are all fighting some kind of battle inside and we need a way to release that tension.  :>) 

Proverbs 16:3  “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.”

Happy Hump Day! D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Half Marathon #50 for me! Run the Rainbow for the Children's Hospital in Jackson, Ms

  Saturday, March 16, 2024 I ran my 50th half marathon.  WOW!  never in a million years when I was younger would I have thought I would or e...