Sunday, May 31, 2015

May goal accomplished

Today is May 31 and I'm very happy that I accomplished my goal I set for the month. My goal was to get in miles everyday "time on feet" by at least doing 1 mile every day.  That would have been real easy if it was just 1 mile every day, but that wasn't my goal. My goal was that on my rest days I would get in 1 mile so by May 31 I would have mileage for every day. I did it! I ended the week with 32.52 running miles, 35 bike miles, and 1.75 miles swimming.  Pretty dang good for a week. And over 100 miles running for the month of May!  It makes a difference when you are off for a holiday during the week and you can work in 2 long runs in a weeks time. :>}  This coming week I will not have as many run miles. It will be an easy week. I may not get in a long run because I'm signed up to do a 5K race on Saturday. So it may be short miles for the week, unless I pull off a long run mid week. I do like to try to average around 20 running miles a week to keep a good base before having to build up for a marathon.

Today, as I was driving home from church I was listening to Klove and the guy was taking about digging roots and then you can blossom.  How true that is as a Christian and athlete. You must build that foundation and then you'll blossom. So remember that the next time you are running, biking, or swimming that even when you are having a bad day, you are digging roots and building a foundation so you can blossom.

So tomorrow is June 1 and it's time to set me some new goals.  I have about 3 weeks before my "official" New York marathon training starts so my goal for June is to continue to dig roots. Keep building that strong foundation by running, biking and swimming.  And let's not forget 1 minute planks every day. I've kept them up so far over 55 days! Shooting for 365 days.

Hope you've had a blessed weekend. Do you know the greatest palindrome?

Dogma - I am God

Romans 15:13  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boston Marathon Weekend 2024 (Part 1 - Travel with mom)

  I decided to break this post into 2 parts because there is just so much to share about Boston. 💛💙 First, my mom went with me to Boston. ...