Friday, May 29, 2015

Sometimes on your journey you have to run alone.....

Happy Friday Peeps! 

Are there days when you have to run alone? I know I've said many times that the best way to stick with exercising is to find a friend. Well, that's true.  But sometimes there may be days when you have to go out alone.  Maybe it's work interference, a sick child, or your running friend is sick.. whatever the reason.  So what do you do when that happens?  Do you suck it up and get your run in or do you take the day off?


It can be hard and frustrating when you have to run alone.  To me it's a challenge.  I know that sounds crazy right.  But bare with me.  For about two years now, I've tried to do most of my running in the mornings before work which means doing them ALONE.  I do not have running buddies that live close by or if they do they do not have the same work schedule that I have so I have to force myself to get up and do it alone.  It use to bother me especially before we had Troy our dog.  He LOVES when I walk out the door in my running gear.  And believe me he knows the difference between my work clothes and running gear.  He starts jumping up and down as if saying.. "hurry up..time to run".  He's the best dog ever.  

So how do I do it? Well, normally I will lay in the bed a few minutes telling myself it's ok to just sleep in and skip my workout and then it's like something hits me and says... Get up! You'll never accomplish anything if you don't get up! You'll feel so much better after you get your run in!   And you know what.... I always do! It's amazing how sleepy, tired, or just cranky I can feel when I wake up, but after my run I feel energized and ready to face the day.  Especially after I have a COLD shower.  Yep, that's right.. COLD.  It feels so good after a south Mississippi humid run. :>)  

I've slowly been building my miles back up after my short break and I'm happy to say that for the month of May (after I run in the morning), I will be back up to 100 miles per month.  Whoop Whoop!  The journey may be slow, but when you reach that goal it makes you feel awesome! Especially when I train to run for a reason! #stjudehero #letsstopchildhoodcancer


Have a blessed weekend! D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half Marathon #50 for me! Run the Rainbow for the Children's Hospital in Jackson, Ms

  Saturday, March 16, 2024 I ran my 50th half marathon.  WOW!  never in a million years when I was younger would I have thought I would or e...