Sunday, May 17, 2015

Female - Fe = Iron, Male = man ...... IRONMAN

Boy...Where do I start! Great weekend!  First before I get to the weekend, let me first say that Friday  night I went to swim and I'm happy to report my swimming was more relaxed.  My cousin had sent me several emails telling me about some youtube videos to watch on swimming.  I think they helped. I always dread when I go to swim on Friday nights because Warren has the lanes turned the LONG way. I told myself as I was changing clothes... GO SLOW and STEADY.  Not to mention that I had my friend Jenn on my mind and I could hear her saying ... Just keeping Swimming dory! LOL   So I swam for an hour.  Finished with almost exactly one mile.  Here's proof:



I also continued my planks every day.  So far I have not missed a day in over 30 days! YIPPIE.

I also continued my May challenge of "time on feet" every day.  On my rest day, I do 1 slow mile.  So far the week I got in 21.2 miles of running, 15 miles on the bike (should have been more..but 1 bike night got messed up), & 1.9 miles of swimming.  Whew! Another week of training down.  

Now to the weekend... well Saturday morning me and my SIL, Devon headed out to Ft. Walton, Florida to see a beautiful girl that graduated high school with my son get married.  It rained the whole 4 hour drive.  I was beginning to get very worried about the wedding.  But by lunch time the rain had cleared.  The only thing that was left was the wind and HUMIDITY.  Boy, I'm dreading July and August in the south!  Well, as soon as we got to the condo to check in....guess what??? I LOCKED my keys in the trunk! 
I kept my cool and called a locksmith wondering how much it was going to cost me!  He asked how soon I needed in my car.  I told him soon cause we were here for a wedding and all our luggage was in my trunk.  And yes Devon took this pic of me while laughing saying she can't believe this is happening.  Something always happens when we travel together... :>)   We only had to wait around an hour before a nice guy showed up and unlocked the car.  And it only cost me $55 which I thought was great! 

When we finally got on the beach I told my daughter who had been there since the day before about my keys and she just laughed.  Isn't she adorable?

The wedding was beautiful.  Yes, the wind was blowing like crazy and we all looked like we hadn't brushed our hair but it sure was pretty.  I'm kind of old fashion and love when the groom doesn't see the bride until she walks out in the dress for the first time.  I had no idea that was what Laken and Chase were doing until we got there.  He is very sweet.  He had written her a lovely letter and sent it to her that day along with a gift.  All the girls said it was so sentimental.  Then Erin told me that Chase had not seen her in her dress and his first time to see her would be when she walked out.  OH my heart just melted.  When she did walk out, he fought back huge tears.  It was so very touching.  You could just feel the love he has for her as he watched her walk down that sandy beach isle to meet him at the altar.  It was very touching.  Check out the picture I snapped as they kissed.
I wish them a lifetime of happiness.  Which we all know that marriage isn't a bed of roses.  It's WORK.  You have to invest in it to make it work.  

My SIL, asked me this weekend how I was so peaceful.  I didn't even have to think about my answer. I said immediately... It's the GOOD LORD.  Yes, I'm not perfect and I have been known to lose my temper, but I've mellowed over the years and it comes directly from his strength.  When I start my mornings reading my Bible, I have a much better day.  :>) 

Today as we were driving home, Devon remind me how lucky I am.  She has two small children and she was telling me that as we walked on the beach this morning how peaceful it was to be able to do 2 miles without kids crying or needing you.  She loves her kids but if you are a mother, you know where I'm coming from.  It's hard when you have small kids to find that ME time.  I know Devon aches sometimes to have that ME time.  I take mine for granted sometimes but as I listen to her I was reminded just how hard it is as a mother.  I think I'll offer more to help her or let her and my brother have a "date" night from time to time.  It's important that couples try to find time to do that in their busy lives.  

I was anxious to get home to find out how my friend, Jennifer, did today in her half ironman.  I knew she wouldn't have a problem finishing the TRI.  She's done a couple already, but today was going to be hard for her.  This trip was planned as a girls trip.  Her mom and daughter were going with her.  Sadly her mother passed away in January so it's been a very tough couple months for my sweet friend.  This morning as I woke up, I immediately said a prayer for her.  I prayed not only that she finish strong, but that she find peace with her mom not being there by her side.  I was beyond THRILLED when I got home and flipped on my Facebook and she had posted a picture.  Here's the picture.  
Her post with the picture said this one was for her mom and mother-in-law.  I knew when I saw the picture that my sweet friend had found some peace.  Just look at that smile on her face! Which If I had just done 70.3 total miles I would be jumping to (If I could..ha).  I'm so happy for her and can't wait for her to get back home so I can hear all the details!  Check out her awesome times on each event! She ROCKED today!

Maybe cause I sent her this:

Nay.. wasn't anything I sent her.  It was due to hard work and dedication in her training.  She is one of the most dedicated people I know with training!  LOVE HER! 

Now it's time to start a new week!  What's ya weekly goals?  I rode 20.7 miles on my bike tonight to start my week off. :>)  Going to be a busy week with my nephew graduating high school, Friday night is a run to honor two police officers that were killed recently, and on the weekend we'll attend a birthday party for my granddaughter that will be turning the big 1. :>)  

Remember... Set goals, write them down, tell someone, and you'll do great things! Happy training! Capt'n D


and NEVER EVER GIVE UP!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Half Marathon #50 for me! Run the Rainbow for the Children's Hospital in Jackson, Ms

  Saturday, March 16, 2024 I ran my 50th half marathon.  WOW!  never in a million years when I was younger would I have thought I would or e...