Sunday, May 10, 2015

First, my mother .... Forever, my friend

That was the words my daughter wrote on my Mother's day card. :>)  This will be a card I keep forever.  Yes, I have a box where I've kept a lot of cards over the years.  I'm kind of a pack rat when it comes to that stuff.  I've got some hand written cards that my kids did when they were little.

My kids give me a hard time cause they say I tell everything on Facebook.  Hee Hee...  Imagine that!  I probably do tell way to much but it's fun.  So I might as well enjoy it.  I know some think I'm crazy always posting status updates, etc.  But heck ... you only live once! I may tell a lot, but I promise you ... I don't tell it ALL cause I'm really a private person especially on some things.  :>)


Today as I reflect on Mother's day, my thoughts turn to so many friends that are missing their mothers today and also to a friend that laid her son to rest yesterday.  I know each and every one of them probably had a day filled with tears today.  I've prayed off and on throughout the day for the good Lord to wrap his arms around them and may they find strength in him.  ~Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.~ Matthew 5:4  May each of you feel his grace.  {{{{HUGS}}}}

Ok.. so here's my weekly chase:

1.  Get some miles in every day (even on rest day do 1 mile easy...remember May's challenge)
2. Planks every day - at least 1 minute
3. Foam roll, stretch, & ice if needed (yes these help)
4. Get 20 miles in running (will be hard cause I plan to go to a wedding at the beach this weekend...so running will have to be during the week)
5. Get in 2 days of swimming - do 25-30 laps each time
6. Get some bike time in ... either in spin or on the road
7. Give my husband a hug each day (yes, I'm writing this...cause if you make goals, write them down, tell someone... you usually complete them)

So what's your weekly chase??? Got any goals???  Write them down... tell someone...make them REAL.  

Let's have a positive week. :>)  No negative thoughts.  Don't ever let anyone dull your sparkle. :>)

Pray more... worry less.  Matthew 6:34 

And ENJOY.... Here's a pic from my weekend mud run.  Had a BLAST! Isn't that what life is about? Laughing and enjoying! Love my Shine! And hope your bottom isn't sore today. :>)

Love, D


No comments:

Post a Comment

10 days post Boston Marathon 2024

  Have you ever second guessed yourself? Ever sat and tried to figure out what went wrong? It's now 10 days post Boston Marathon.  I kin...