Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Faith - Do you have Faith?

Today as I read so many post on social media concerning two police officers that were killed pretty close to my hometown, I'm very sad.  What is the world coming to?  Seems everyone is pointing a finger and blaming each other.  There seems to be so much hatred in the world.  As I read some of the post, I wanted to scream... "where did you come from? why are you so angry? Did no one love you?, etc."  I could go on and on, but I'll spare you.  I'm not even going to start ranting about who's right and who's wrong.  Mainly because I'm not here to judge.  That's God's job.  Justice will eventually be served.  You can bank on that fact.

There was one thought however that kept coming to my mind today and it was so heavy on my heart.  So many people are truly lost.  People that are truly saved know that this life is temporary.  It's what happens when we die that is eternal.  I'm sure the police officers that were killed never thought they would die that day.  I'm sure my high school friend's son who was only 22 when he died last week from a motorcycle accident never thought when he got dressed that day that it would be his last day to live.  We all take life for granted most days....even me.  But the fact is we are all going to die.  It may be today, tomorrow or ten years from now.  The important thing is the question, "Do we know what will happen to us when we die?".

As for me, I'm saved.  I know when I die that I'll be going to heaven to join my Savior.  Where are you going?  Have you thought about it? You might say....OH I'll think about that when I'm older....or I"ll get my life right later..... But what if you don't get another day or another hour?

Some of the comments I read made me want to wash their mouth out with soap.  That's what my mom would have done!  There seems to be no respect and no love in this world.  It's a sad dark place.  But I find hope in my FAITH.  When I read my devotion this am the title was ... "When bad things happen".  It asked the question if God is good, why do bad things happen.  Sometimes it strange how closely my devotions match with what is going on in the world.  Can you say...GOD IS SPEAKING! I believe he is.  It went on to say that sometimes bad things happen due to the choices we make in life and other times we simply do not know the reason.  One day in heaven we will know the answers, but until then we must have faith.

"They won't be afraid of bad news, their hearts are steady because they trust the Lord." Psalm 112:7 NCV


I pray that Christians will stand strong in our faith.  It's not our place to judge.  We must take everything in prayer and have faith in God.  We should spread love to others so that they may experience God's love through us.  You may never know when a person is so close to making a decision to accept God and your actions will either lead them or turn them away from that decision.

"Give me such love for God and men as will blot out all hatred and bitterness." Dietrich Bonhoeffer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Boston Marathon 2024 (Part 2 - The Marathon)

  Once again I say, I just can't thank you enough to Susan Hurley, Founder and Owner of Charity Teams and Kim Chisholm, Executive Direct...