Sunday, April 5, 2015

Eye of the tiger

Oh how I love that song! I grew up a Rocky fan! I had posters all in my room. Drove my mom crazy.

Well after 3 weeks of not running, I got my eye of the tiger on and ran 2 miles after biking 10. I had planned on biking 15-20, but the rain started so I had to quit early to get my run in. Turned on my iPod and immediately the song Eye of the Tiger came on! It was a sign from God! It's time... now run.



Got 2 miles run in with NO shin pain! Yippie! I think I might make a come back!  If no pain tomorrow, I will add running back into my program.  I'll build back up slowly.  Boy it feels so exhilarating to run again! I know it was only 2 miles, but boy it felt great!  I even did the first mile at 10:30 pace and 2nd mile at 9:30 pace.  I tried to hold back, but it just felt so good to be doing it again.  It was so hard the first week that I didn't run.  I was so ill and moody! It got easier since I was biking and swimming cause I was so tired from ramping up the biking and swimming miles to take the place of my run time, but deep down I was still slightly depressed seeing all my friends running.  I missed 2 of my favorite races while on my break.  However,  I knew deep down that I had to rest or I was going to push myself until my shin got worse and I certainly didn't want a stress fracture.  A runner could be down for up to 6 months with a stress fracture.  I praise God for giving me the strength to rest.  Rest is important and it's so hard to do.  I could not have done it without him by my side telling me to rest and you'll be back soon.  God is always faithful.  He's by our side every day whether it's a great day or a difficult day.

Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half Marathon #50 for me! Run the Rainbow for the Children's Hospital in Jackson, Ms

  Saturday, March 16, 2024 I ran my 50th half marathon.  WOW!  never in a million years when I was younger would I have thought I would or e...