Saturday, April 25, 2015

Weekend Baby!

Thunder is rolling and it's very cloudy.  I wasn't even sure I would get in a run today or not.  Weather was calling for rain/thunders storms.  I'm so happy I did! Didn't sleep worth a flip last night so I sure needed a stress reliever.  Too many things on my mind!

Arrived at tech park around 7:10am.  It was very humid! Some of the team had started running at 6:30am, but I had to have a cup of coffee before I could get started.  I was thrilled to see my buddy Shine drive up right behind me.  She was running late also.  Hee Hee   So we began running together. My plan was to just do 5-6 miles.  I'm still gradually building my miles back up.  You know they say use the 10% rule to prevent injury.  Only increase your mileage by 10%.  Well, even though it was very hot and humid we felt good running and continued for 7 miles before stopping.  We almost stopped at 6, but I told Sunshine I don't like then number 6.  So we went 1 more mile.  It felt great to be running with the group again even if the others were way ahead of me and Shine.  I captured a picture when we were done.


We were a hot mess! 

So after my 7 miles, I drove to Laurel to meet my friend Micah.  He had a bike that he wanted me to try out.  Everyone has been telling me I need a lighter bike.  I've been just ignoring them and pushing old Sally.  But I finally gave in after my ride last weekend where the group dropped me like a hot potato!  So here's the bike.... and let me just say ... WOW... so much lighter!!! Now I completely understand the weight issue being a big deal!
It was so different riding a lighter bike.  Instead of pushing as hard as I could to stay around 15 miles per hour on old Sally, I easily got to 22 miles per hour on this baby!  Them boys aren't going to drop me again.  LOL  Frank and I ended up riding 20 miles.  He was so kind to stay after running and ride with me.  I wanted a good test on the bike.  I have another one I'm going to look at also, but I will say this.... I WILL have a LIGHTER bike of my own very soon!  20 Miles in the books for us! We love our cross training.  If I can only get my swimming to level that my running and bike is at...I'll be set. :>)

OH, and I also did my 1 min plank today.  Still going strong on those every day.  

Hope you are having a blessed day!  D Team Run4TheKids Captain

“But Jesus looked at them and said to them, ‘With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’” Matthew 19:26



No comments:

Post a Comment

10 days post Boston Marathon 2024

  Have you ever second guessed yourself? Ever sat and tried to figure out what went wrong? It's now 10 days post Boston Marathon.  I kin...