Monday, March 23, 2020

COVID-19 Coronavirus update in Mississippi

COVID-19 as of 3/23/20

I'm writing this for my benefit.  This is something I have never experienced in my lifetime.  This is an update from my post just barely 10 days ago.  Much as changed!  

Mississippi as of today has 249 confirmed cases and 1 death.  All the schools are shut down until April 17.  Everyone is urged to STAY AT HOME so that we can flatten the curve.  All large events canceled.  Churches doing online services only.  Restaurants are only open for take out service.  No dine in.  And yet, when I wake up the grass is nice and green, the birds are chirping, and life looks normal on my own little piece of land.  But it's far from normal! The news is 24/7 updates on COVID-19.   There are daily work meetings held by our virus task force.  It almost seems like a dream until you turn on the TV or turn on the computer.  

I believe that more so in a crisis we tend to turn to God and ask WHY.  Which we rarely get the answer immediately so I don't know why we beg for the answer.  I guess it's just human nature.  As for me, I believe God is saying, "come to me".  He's waiting for us all to turn to him.  Quit trying to form answers to all the questions and just come to him and be still.  I felt so blessed yesterday for technology.  I was able to listen not only to my home church service, but I also listened to another church service and bits and pieces of others as I had time to catch them.  It was amazing.  I had tears flowing as I listened to each one share the message of how if you remember this is a time of lent leading up to Jesus' death and resurrection.   He died that we may live.  We are never alone and God is always with us during good and bad times when we follow him.  I think during this time of quarantine we should reflect on how we have been living our lives lately.  I for one need improvements.  I fail every day.  So I'm discussing those items with God in prayer daily because I know only with him can I change those bad habits.  Maybe if everyone took this time to Be Still with God .... there would not be all this panic and we would see things turn around. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying Pig Marathon - 5/4/24

  Last marathon for me until the Fall. 🙌🙌🙌😁 3 weeks after Boston another marathon.. say what.. ha ... I think we actually registered for...