Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Year of the Mask... COVID-19 (Be runs her virtual Boston Marathon)


Another month has rolled by since my last post and we are still in the year of COVID.  All races still being canceled or going virtual.  Just heard officially today that Disney in January & February has gone virtual.  Can I just say I'm so OVER COVID. 


So what have I been doing? Well.... recently my friend, Be Freeman, ran her VIRTUAL Boston marathon.  I had hoped the race that was moved from April to September would take place for her.  She's worked so hard.  However, I am super proud of her for running it virtually!  and I'm so glad I was able to be apart of her celebration.  The PPRF (Peer Pressure Running Friends) group decided that if Be was going to run her 26.2 virtually, we needed to support her and show her how much we love her.  I borrowed a balloon Arch from my sister in law that we used for a finish line arch.  Several of the girls ran different legs of the 26.2 with her and some of the girls rode their bike along beside her to support her.  It was an awesome morning. She did not know we had the finish line all set up so we did surprise her on that. 😃   Even her family showed up and the grandkids held the finish line banner. 💙💙💙

Here are a few pictures from the day:




              
Candy, Jessica and I set up the Finish Arch.. Thanks so much to my sister-in-law, Devon for letting me borrow it.  It was work blowing up those 200 balloons, but so worth it! 


I had some cookies made for Ms Be 

After all the excitement of watching Ms Be finish, I was walking to my vehicle to get the box to take down the Arch.  You just never know where God is going to put you, but he put me in the right spot at that moment.  There was a guy that I had seen earlier on the trace also running.  I had not even noticed he had on a running bib at that time.  I've been having some hip issues (more on that later) and actually I wasn't paying much attention.  I did speak to him as we passed each other, but that was about it.  Anyway, we are both walking to the parking lot and he says to me, "congrats on your finish".  I explained to him that I was there for my friend that did her virtual Boston and that's when I noticed he had on a bib and he begin to explain to me that he was doing his virtual Boston also!!! I could hardly believe it!  What timing!  He said he had 3 more miles to go and was going to his truck for gatorade.  It was a HOT and HUMID day.  The heat was getting to everyone!! including me that only did 5 miles!  I couldn't imagine doing 26.2 that day!! I asked him where he was from and he told me Jackson.  He said how amazing it was that Be had all her friends there supporting her.  He said he couldn't wait to get back home to tell his friends all about how we supported her.  💙💙💙  He went on to his truck and I went back to load the arch and started telling the girls about him.  I think it was Penny who said, let's see if he wants to come run thru our finish line even though he has 3 more miles.  We can take his picture for him so he can celebrate also. 💗  So me and Penny head back to the parking lot to find him.  At first we thought he had left or ran the other way and we had lost him... 😟 and then I saw him when the door to the truck moved. 😀   We invited him to come let us celebrate him.  He was so sweet and thankful!  He said he had started cramping real bad around mile 18.  We all know how that feels .. 😢

So he ran thru our finish line and we took pics and then he left to go finish his 3 last miles.  It was so cool!  Then we realized that none of us got his last name.  How were we going to find him on social media.. 😁 ... But thanks to Nestor who just happen to show up at the right time, he knew the guy.  💙  I don't think there is a runner that Nestor has not met!  💓

Collin & Be
The whole support group and the 2 Boston Marathoners!

No one can tell me that God doesn't place people in your path.  You never know who you may touch each and every day.... So love, be kind, share, show support... and I could go on and on. 😍

It was a wonderful morning and I left there feeling so honored I was apart of it.  I LOVE my running friends!  I did look for Collin on Facebook.  I found his page, but it really hadn't been updated in awhile.  I figured I may never hear from him, but I might see him eventually one day at a race... if they ever open back up!   And then several days later I opened my instagram (I don't open it as much as Facebook.. ha) and he had sent me a follow request!  I was so surprised.  When I accepted and went to his page, I found the sweetest post from him on that day.  


Cheers to all those Boston marathoners that ran the 26.2 virtually!  You are BEAST!

Now a tad bit about the hip issue I mentioned.... For a month or two I've started having deep butt pain in my right hip.  At first it only bothered me a little and now every step I take with my right foot while running hurts like heck!! So I went to see my doc at Southern Bone & Joint to find out what's going on.  Since I had not had a MRI on my lower back since 2013 (7 years ago), she requested I get a new one so they could look at my old 2 disk that are bulging and see what else might be going on.  I got the call last week when I was on vacation that she wanted me to come in a discuss my MRI.  I knew that meant something was up!  Long story short.... I have a new disk that is bulging!  The one she circled is my new problem and in the other pic the black spaces circled are bad disk that have no jell in them anymore.  They should be white.  I've had 2 of them for years and now another one.  It's called degenerative disk disease.  So I asked her what's the plan.  She has booked me an injection on the 30th.  I haven't had one in years.  I'm hoping this will help.  She also wants me to do some PT for a couple of weeks after my shot.  We hope the nerve will calm down like it has in the past.  And yes, she said I can run.  But I may have to walk more so I can tolerate the pain.  Which that's what I've been doing for several weeks now... mostly walking with a little jogging.  So disheartening after I was running so well a couple of months ago with NO pain!  I will tackle this problem!  So ready for that shot and hopefully so relief! Here's a few pics from my MRI:

The new problem between 3-2 that's circled... 
All the black disk which means no jell in them! Bad disk... also shows all 3 bulging disk.

The real problem she says right now.. she how far it is on my nerve! 


I have faith.  God's got me no matter what. 💗 Maybe I have to bike & swim a little more right now until this calms down... that's ok.. It's going to be OK. Trust and Believe. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying Pig Marathon - 5/4/24

  Last marathon for me until the Fall. 🙌🙌🙌😁 3 weeks after Boston another marathon.. say what.. ha ... I think we actually registered for...