Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Year of the Mask - COVID 19 (Short VACATION)

 So what else have I been doing besides working during COVID... Well, I finally talked my hubby into getting away to the beach for a few days.  Normally this time of the year we would go to PA to visit his mom, but right now due to COVID anyone coming into PA from Mississippi has to quarantine for 14 days!  Again ... I'm over COVID!  

I had really been looking forward to our beach getaway.  I had not traveled since February this year thanks to COVID!  Well, the week finally arrived and guess what..... tropical storm brewing...... Geez Louise!   A few days before we were to leave it became a hurricane!  However, they were still not sure exactly where hurricane Sally would come on shore.  So we decided to go ahead and drive to the beach.  And just like everything else in 2020...... we got one day of sun then the next day the storm really started brewing bringing in rain, wind and huge waves!  So we started watching the weather closely and decided we needed to get back home and not get caught in the storm because it was headed more our way.   So basically I paid for a condo for 4 nights / 5 days that we really only got 1 day out of!!!  2020 has NOT been a good year!!!!   On the bright side we did have some good food during our short stay and I did get to see the waves and walk on the beach.   Sure wish it had lasted longer!    Here are a few pics:

See how the water had beat the sand up! 

The Aegean where we stayed is one of the older condos right when you come into Destin.  But I love their set up and for families it's perfect.  Not many loud young adults partying.... ha   They have strict rules on no noise after 10pm, etc.   

The sushi at Harbor docks was amazing!!! 
Louisiana Lagniappe never disappoints!  Baked red snapper with their delicious topping and veggies.
This was the day we decided to leave.  The guys had even taken all the umbrellas and chairs out of the boxes because as you can tell the waves during the night had pushed up sand.  The beach was not pretty with white sand.  It had foamy water rushing in from the waves.  Would almost knock you down if you tried to walk.  NO one was out there walking.

I see people saying bring it on.. what else can happen in 2020... well, I ain't going to say that... I've had enough happen. 😀  Right now I just want to end the year with hopefully a vaccine for COVID so maybe we can start to get back to some type of normal.  I miss my races.  I miss traveling.  I miss having big family gatherings without mask or everyone worried for 2 weeks afterwards that someone will get sick.   I'm just tired of worrying about it all.   I do know there are some people that are experiencing deep anxiety and worry over this COVID.  I do worry some, but I also try to put a lid on it because I know God has got this.  It may seem that he doesn't with all that is happening, but I know deep in my heart that he is right here beside us all.  This life here on earth is not our final resting place.  This is just temporary.  So I smile and think positive because I know where my final resting place will be.   Do you? 🙏

Well, I must get back to it.  Maybe the next time I write, I'll have some real positive news about COVID.  🙏🙏🙏🙏  Until then... keep moving!  Hope to see you out there! D 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying Pig Marathon - 5/4/24

  Last marathon for me until the Fall. 🙌🙌🙌😁 3 weeks after Boston another marathon.. say what.. ha ... I think we actually registered for...