Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Be a Quitter in 2021!

 



I had an awesome devotion this morning in my Run for God Devotions book and wanted to share a few things. All our lives we are told not to quit. You know that saying.. "winners never quit and quitters never win".... Well today my devotion was "Be a Quitter!" I had to look at it a couple of times to make sure I read it right. :>) Anyway, here are a few highlights and thoughts for 2021....

  1. Quit being negative. Stop telling people how slow you run. Stop telling people you're not a real runner. Stop worrying about what other people think of your time. You run ... therefore, you rock! Be positive.
  2. Quit thinking you can control everything!
  3. Quit comparing yourself to others. Remember that what you see in others is their highlight reel. (this is one of my favs). You don't see what they don't want you to see. That person may be struggling as much or more than you, but they don't let you see that. Be content with what God has given you. You're one of a kind!
  4. Quit being comfortable. This is another one of my favs.... Get outside of your boundaries. Try something new... Don't be scared of speed work. Give it a shot. You have little to lose and an awful lot to gain by getting uncomfortable sometimes.
Often people say the mountain is too hard to climb. but let me tell you that the view from top is amazing! And I'm not talking about literally climbing.... sometimes that mountain is yourself.... overcoming the worry, the stress, etc.   Once you do that view is amazing because you see yourself as God sees you!  
So as you set goals for 2021 be a quitter. :>) Let's jump into 2021 with a positive attitude. Start the year off on 1-1-21 with a short run or walk. It's a great way to kick off the year!  Typically there is a race in my hometown that I always do on New Years day, but due to COVID the race will not take place.  However, I will be running that morning!  Got to start the year off right! 😍

Psalm 119: 73-74 "Your hands have made me and fashioned me: Give me understanding, that I may learn your commandments. Those who fear you will be glad when they see me, Because I have hoped in Your Word."
Trust that God has a plan, and he has you on track to fulfill his purpose for your life. ❤
Happy New Year everyone!

Recap of 2020 miles for me:
Bike   -  957.1 (only one official bike ride for the year..... most of the other miles were done on my Peloton.  So thankful for Peloton! They have inspired so many in the world during COVID.. just take a look at their stock!)
Run    -  961.5 (I wanted to hit 1,000 or more this year... but a few things sidelined me a couple weeks from running... I'm just happy I continued to train during COVID and didn't sit on my butt)
Swim   -   45.4 (the pool was closed for several months when COVID hit, so I'm happy with getting in some miles for the year.)
Total Miles in 2020 =  1,964

D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boston Marathon 2024 (Part 2 - The Marathon)

  Once again I say, I just can't thank you enough to Susan Hurley, Founder and Owner of Charity Teams and Kim Chisholm, Executive Direct...