Tuesday, March 29, 2022

My baby is going to be a DAD!

 February 3, 2022 was a very rainy night.  Gary was gone to visit his mom so after work I met Krista and Frank for supper.  We hadn't had a chance to do our normal Christmas supper together.  My daughter in law texted me asking me if I was home.  I told her no and asked if she needed something.  She NEVER replied.  So I blew it off that she really didn't need anything or maybe she was dropping something off at the house and just wanted to know if I was there or not.  

After supper I drove home in the rain thinking to myself it was a crazy night to be out on the roads.  Big water holes were standing on top of the road that would make you slide if you hit them going too fast!  I was happy to get home and get in my PJs and in my chair.  I was almost asleep when my door bell ran around 8pm.  I was like who in the world could that be.   I went to the door and before the door opened I peeped and saw my son and his wife standing there.  My heart sank thinking something was wrong and they had both came to tell me.   They know I'm usually ready for bed at 8pm.. so why would they both be coming to see me.... 


However, when I opened the door, Brett said, "What's up YAYA"... and I KNEW!! I was like oh my gosh!@!!@!@! you're having a BABY!! Of course there were tears! Very happy tears! 😍  I could barely believe it!  For one... he remembered! See I told my kids once that when they had me some grands that I wanted to be a YAYA.  Of course Brett made fun of that name.  It was bittersweet for him to remember! 💓  and the other reason I was shocked was I didn't think Whitney was quite talked into the idea.. 😁  Brett had been trying to talk her into it.... most of his friends are currently dads or about to be a dad.  He's getting very close to 30 so he said he was ready.... 😀  Whitney on the other hand just started her career as a teacher and is a few years younger than Brett so she was fine with waiting a bit.  However, I guess God had other plans. 😍  As her mom says.... Whitney was having some thyroid issues and changing medicines... and guess what.... WE got a baby on the way. 💓

I am beyond THRILLED.  I'm excited to be on this journey watching my baby boy become a DAD.  They asked me not to tell.  Whitney wanted to wait until she was at least 12 weeks along.  Man that was the hardest 6 weeks ever not being able to tell!! 😍  I'd run into people in town or at church asking if I had any grand babies on the way yet and I'd have to say no and be about to bust inside to tell them ... YES I sure do. 😍

I'm so glad on March 20, 2022 we were finally able to announce it to the world.  We had a small family gender reveal and guess what???  IT'S A GIRL!!



I made my shirt 😀 and then I told mom I made me a shirt so she had to make her one also. 😍  she's so talented!










It was a great afternoon! Whitney is going to be the SWEETEST mom ever! 💗 

They also invited me to go with them for their sonogram!  man when I heard that heartbeat, my heart just melted!  I can't wait to spoil baby Wood girl! 



Baby Wood Girl coming September, 2022! 

I may have already started shopping... 😍😂😍💟💟
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying Pig Marathon - 5/4/24

  Last marathon for me until the Fall. 🙌🙌🙌😁 3 weeks after Boston another marathon.. say what.. ha ... I think we actually registered for...