Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Dog Days 5k - Hattiesburg 6-11-22

 


The annual Dog Days 5K was a big success.   I saw so many different types of dogs!  I had talked my daughter into doing the race and bringing my grand pup.  And then she talked her friend, Shelby into coming and bringing her pup.  💓 I didn't know who all would be doing the race so at first I had said I would just walk the 2 miler with my daughter, but then she had Shelby and several of my PPRF friends decided they were all doing the race.   I'm still on break from "racing" so I agreed to do the race at an easy pace like we do our long runs.  Sometimes in a 5K, you tend to push yourself way harder than you would normally.... you get sucked into the competition and you tell yourself ... it's only 3.1 miles so push hard.  Well, I was super proud of myself for not getting sucked into that frame of mind.  I ran with Candy, Janis, Matt & Misty.  We basically socialized the whole time... ran easy and caught up on how each other was doing, etc.   It was a nice morning! 

I was so proud of my daughter and Shelby! They walked the whole 2 miles and their doggies did too. 😍  I was worried about my little Boss man walking that far.  Erin actually had him in his dog stroller prior to race start and he kept whinning to get out so she ended up putting the stroller back in her car.  I just knew she would have tote him most of the 2 miles... BUT she didn't.  She said he walked and acted like he loved it. 💗  HOWEVER, Sunday  morning I got a texted from my daughter saying that boss was not acting right.  He would not jump up on furniture, etc.  He was sleeping a lot.  I told her she wore him out and that baby was probably all stove up! His little legs are barely 3 inches long. 😁 and he ain't use to walking 2 miles! 😄

I enjoyed seeing so many friends!  Here are a few pictures from the day.  

Most of the gang before we started.  Missing Felicia, Penny & Michelle who had other obligations that day. 
One of the water stops.  They had baby pools for the dogs.  Shelby and Lenny aren't too sure about that huskie.  😁

Candy & Janis coming in the finish line. 
Shelby and Lenny
Me, Erin, & Shelby ... love these girls! 
Boss getting cooled off. 
Erin and Boss made it in! 
My niece, Laura Ann and her pup. 
Love our T-Shirts


And that's a wrap.  I have no more races / events on my calendar until September... ..... as long as those PPRF girls don't talk me into something. 😎

16 weeks till Berlin & London marathons.... training as started and it's like 200 degrees and 100 % humidity! I hate summer training! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying Pig Marathon - 5/4/24

  Last marathon for me until the Fall. 🙌🙌🙌😁 3 weeks after Boston another marathon.. say what.. ha ... I think we actually registered for...