Sunday, October 13, 2019

Just a simple girl loving life and God

Life goes on... what's that saying they always used on Grey's Anatomy?  ... "The carousel never stops turning." .. that's it.. that's what Meredith's mother always told her.  That's how I feel most days.  Work continues and everyone is continuing doing their own things.  Life just keeps turning.  I'm sitting on my porch hearing the ping from the baseball bat next door.  I look out at that father and son and want to shout to him.... take it all in.. cause that boy will be grown in a blink of an eye!  Life just keeps moving...


I had a lot to catch up on at work this past week after being off for 6 days.  It was a very LONG week.  And I was really surprised that not many coworkers came to tell me how sorry they were about the race... instead they came telling me how proud they were of me, etc.  I felt much love.  I'm truly blessed.  I was so exhausted on Monday from our 16 hour drive home that I hurt all over and I also did a 2,400 yard swim on Monday!  Yep, back at it.  Who knows I may be trying for another Ironman soon.  So I gotta keep the training going and be ready.  :>). 

There was a funny being shared on FB this week saying daughters turn into their mothers when they reached their 30s.   I had a laugh.  Erin already tells me the she has noticed things since living on her on in which she is just like me.  She says she guesses she will maybe start running when she turns 30 for real.  LOL.   She'll be 30 next year.  I told her not to worry because I didn't even start running until I was like 40 years old!  

My coach finally got to complete her dream.  She's been working for Ironman World Championships in Hawaii since 2012 and yesterday she completed her journey!  I'm so happy for her and it made me think that I didn't do my first marathon until 2011 (at the age of 45!)! That's just 8 years ago.  I've done a lot over those 8 years so I don't need to let this Ironman Chatty define me.  

Since I was back home and back at my computer I downloaded my Garmin data from the bike ride at Chatty.  I was shocked at how much time I lost with all my stops at the aid stations!!! Did I tell you that at then half way point I stopped, parked my bike, and opened my can of Vienna sausage and ate them while talking to the volunteer!!  I lost basically 30 minutes!! So you know what that means???? I could have made that dang time cutoff with easy riding!   Yes, I was saying in my head take it easy. Don't have a heat stroke with the 105 heat index and save your legs on the bike for the run.  You can even tell in my race photos that I was having a good old time... lots of smiles. :>).   In my crazy brain after my good swim time, I just ASSUMED I had plenty of time on the bike and didn't think of the time cutoff even though I did know there was one and I had even wrote it down.  I just totally forgot about it.  I won't do that next time.  Something else may get me or keep me from finishing, but it won't be me not thinking of time cutoffs. :>).  Lesson learned! 

And all the training has not been for nothing.  I've learned so much!  I never dreamed I could swim 2.4 miles in open water!  I've now done that 3Xs.  I would have never dreamed I could bike 100+ miles and I've done that several times.  But I sure didn't do it alone!  God has been beside me the whole time.  I give him all the glory!




Here's a few of the bike race photos.   








And here's what my week consisted of last week:

Monday - 2,400 yard swim
Tuesday - 1 hour bike
Wednesday - 4,000 yard swim
Thursday - 1 hour tempo run
Friday - Rest day
Saturday - 100 mile bike
Sunday - 16 mile run

So yes, tonight my legs are toast.  I'm tired.  But I also feel good that I was able to get it all done.  I'm glad I didn't sign up for Louisville Ironman which was today because the swim was canceled due to toxic algae in the water.  I feel bad for all those first timers at the race.  Maybe Ironman Florida in November will be a good one.  I hear several are now registering for it to try to get it done.  Guess we'll wait and see.  

Happy training! I've got so many friends that are getting ready for either the MCM (Marine Corps Marathon) or NYC marathon.  Two of my Team Run4TheKids teammates are doing NYC! And one of the fastest runners in Hattiesburg.  I know they will all kick butt!  Wishing them all the best.  Those are 2 of my favorite races!! and I've got St. Jude and Miss Gulf Coast marathons coming up in December!  Oh and a 12k in November at the Battleship with friends.  The training never stops... :>).  They say the easiest way to get over one race is to hurry up and sign up for another one. :>). 



PS.... I AM LOVING THIS COOLER WEATHER THIS WEEKEND! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying Pig Marathon - 5/4/24

  Last marathon for me until the Fall. ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜ 3 weeks after Boston another marathon.. say what.. ha ... I think we actually registered for...