Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Double Bridge Run - 15K 2-6-21

 
Pensacola Double Bridge 15K run.   Krista and I headed off to run those bridges again. πŸ˜€  However, this year was different.  We had a new course thanks to one of 2020 storms that literally knocked out the new Bridge they had just finished in Pensacola!   The weather was calling for RAIN and WIND.  Krista and I went to packet pickup in our mask and basically went back to our room until time to grab our supper.  It wasn't a weekend for walking the beach. 😒  We received this water bottle in our packet.  There would be no aid stations along the course thanks to COVID!  Everyone would be required to be in MASK until you were off running.  Krista and I didn't care, it was so nice to be at an in person race once again! So far 2 races for me this year in person. YIPPIE 


Typically we would be bused out to the start line and run back from Gulf Breeze across 2 bridges and into Pensacola beach.  This year we started basically at the finish line and ran across the 1st bridge, down to the 2nd bridge and actually ran a short piece on it and then turned around and headed back to the finish line.  I was shocked we were able to get on the 2nd bridge since it's under major construction.  They had all kinds of cranes and people working to repair the damaged bridge.  Here's a pic. 


Below is the one bridge we ran across 2X... You can tell what a nasty day it was on race day.  Thankfully, however the rain did hold off.  It was lightly raining when we got up that morning, but it stopped at race time πŸ’™  Krista said that was due to all the praying she had done. πŸ™


The WIND however, was a different story!! Man it was BAD at times.  It felt like you were trying to run through a wall!  But that didn't stop us.  Krista and I maintained her 1-1 intervals and finished that 15K in under 2 hours.  😁




We didn't even stay our 2 nights we had planned due to the weather.  We checked out Saturday after the race and drove back home.   I was glad we did.  We would have been doing nothing but sitting in the hotel room.  It was just too cold, windy and rainy to do anything else.  I was glad to be home Sunday sitting in my chair in my PJs most of the day working on a sewing project.  😍  

Very thankful for the Good lord for watching over Krista and I while traveling and running.  I'm blessed to have her as one of my dear friends.   God has truly blessed me. 


Side Note:  While in Pensacola, I received an email, and a text telling me that the Miss Blues race coming up end of February has been postponed till October due to Covid cases still popping up!  This makes the 2nd race that I know of moved to October!  We can't keep moving all spring races to the fall!  There have been a couple of races happening recently in person with lots of Covid precautions.  I feel these other races need to learn from them and let's keep racing and not postponing.  πŸ™

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying Pig Marathon - 5/4/24

  Last marathon for me until the Fall. πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ˜ 3 weeks after Boston another marathon.. say what.. ha ... I think we actually registered for...