Wednesday, December 15, 2021

St. Jude Memphis Marathon 12-4-21 (Marathon #22)

My 9th year as a hero in MEMPHIS! I can't believe it.  Thanks to the Good Lord! He's strength not mine!  Isaiah 40:28-31   Also, me, mom, Erin & my daughter-in-law, Whitney had a fabulous time at the  Peabody!  We all visited the SPA this year which was a fabulous treat.  We may have to save up and do this each year!  πŸ’“



Also spent some time with some super friends on my run team!  Frank, Jennifer, Krista and Lyndie over the weekend!  Lyndie completed her first half marathon!  So proud of her!!



I LOVE that my mom, my daughter and daughter in law walked the 5K together. πŸ’“πŸ’“


Short race recap:

Me and my PPRF GIRLS snuck in earlier than our start time πŸ™Œ.


It was mass chaos at the start line with the way they were trying to have a small start area and only allowing people in at different times. Corrals would had worked so much better … just our opinion ❤️

Thankful we were able to sneak in and not wait till 9am to start. We all ran together for a few minutes until the crowd started thinning out. I had my earbuds in and felt really good so I just started running my pace. Soon I realized we had all separated. But that was ok. It happens sometimes in a race when we are all different paces. Sometimes we will hang together though. Just depends on race and how we feeling. Yesterday I kept hearing Lisa Johnson saying don’t limit yourself in my head. So I ran my pace.

Before long I needed something besides my music. I stopped and started my peloton app. Which I ❤️❤️❤️ I needed those voices giving me running tips in my ear!!
1 60 min class with Matt πŸ™Œ
1 60 min class with Becs πŸ™Œ
1 60 min class with Robyn πŸ™Œ
1 20 min class with Robyn, which was her 911 remembrance run and was perfect timing for the street that was lined with St Jude patients pictures. I shed several tears down that street.



Didn't even notice the cute guy running beside me! And then I was done. I was so thankful for my coach and peloton coaches in my ear as I ran alone the entire marathon without my friends. I did talk to several other runners along the course, but it’s hard when you run without those training friends for 4 + hours. I did miss them, but we got 3 more marathons coming up together that I know we’ll run together. For me St Jude is where I got my PR several years ago. It’s my heart race. Hope to get another PR here one day, but yesterday was not it. When that sun came out it got hot. So I missed beating my PR by a couple minutes. However, I give God all the glory for allowing me to run yesterday for the kids. It was his strength that got me to that finish line. ❤️😘❤️πŸ™πŸ™. Isaiah 40 28-31

My PPRF girls!

My team raised over $16,000 for 2021. In years 2013-2021, we've raised over $225,000! I'm so thankful for all my team members! They show up each and every year to help the kids! Looking forward to year 2022! My 10th year as a hero! πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying Pig Marathon - 5/4/24

  Last marathon for me until the Fall. πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ˜ 3 weeks after Boston another marathon.. say what.. ha ... I think we actually registered for...