Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Virtual Boston Marathon 11-6-21

 

For the first time in history the Boston Marathon opened up the race to virtual Participants. In my PPRF running group we had one that had qualified for Boston so Penny and I decided to sign up for the virtual. We were going to run it virtually at home supporting her while she ran it in person. Well, thanks to the dang pandemic, the organization decided to cut down on the number of in person participants so the shortened the qualifying time which cut her out. We felt horrible for her. However, the race then got postponed to the same weekend as the Chicago marathon! All 3 of us were registered for Chicago so we got to all be together. 💓


However, once back home, Penny and I knew we still had another 26.2 miles to run for the virtual because they were mailing us a medal. We don't take those unless we earn them. 😁 So we sat a date in November to run the virtual. We did it on 11-6-21 on the Trace in Hattiesburg. Several of the PPRF girls came out and ran miles with us. It was a great day!



Penny and I were a tad sad that day that we didn’t have our virtual medals yet. We had hoped we would have them for the run to take a picture afterwards.

Well when I got home a box was sitting on my carport. When I saw the unicorn I was like oh my gosh!!! I rushed to open it. And there was my medal. Perfect timing since we did the 26.2 that morning. I couldn't believe it. It was such a sweet surprise! I love the medal. Some call us crazy running a virtual. We think of it as a really long training run. 😀 The swag is just icing on the cake. 💗






I was very blessed to have the PPRF girls to run with me!

Happy Running!

D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying Pig Marathon - 5/4/24

  Last marathon for me until the Fall. 🙌🙌🙌😁 3 weeks after Boston another marathon.. say what.. ha ... I think we actually registered for...