Sunday, August 23, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday.  She'll be 68 years young!  I had planned on taking her to lunch today after church, but I've been up since 12:30am with a bad stomach ache.  I told her this morning we may need to postpone a few hours or something to let me see if my stomach would settle down. Not sure if it's something I ate last night or a bug.  All I know is I've got some serious cramping going on with several trips back and forth to the potty. GRRRR Not what I wanted to do on Sunday!

So I'm laying here in our big over sized chair listening to Randy Turner preach on our local cable channel.  He's giving a pretty good sermon on Job.  You know Job lost everything and still was faithful to God.  Several told him God was punishing him, but he remained faithful.  Not all hardships we face are due to sin.  I believe we are often faced with trials and tribulations to see how faithful we remain in praising God.  We should praise him in the good times and bad times just like Job.  We often say the phrase "the patience of Job" when we refer to a person with great patience.  I can honestly say that my mom is a woman of great patience! She is very slow to anger.  She is always there for me no matter what I've done good or bad.  She stands by me.  She's my support system.  She always tries to make our (her kids and grand kids) birthdays special.  She's known for baking us cakes.  We don't give big presents like some families.... we get a special cake that she makes from scratch.  OH how great that LOVE!



I was the first born to Dale & Ann Sellers.  As the oldest, I've always been very independent and head  strong.  I'm not sure if this is a quality of all 1st born or what, but my mom will tell you that we butted heads many times when I was a teenager.  I thought she knew nothing and I knew everything.  BOY was I WRONG! :>)


As I aged and had my own children, I soon learned that she knew ALOT!  Especially after having my own daughter who also was very head strong as teenager.

Mother's Day 2010! I love these women in this picture with me!

Mom and I have went on several adventures over the last 10 years or so.  Growing up we were not rich and didn't go on vacations, etc.  We were rich in love, but my dad worked for himself so you know how that is..... limited income based on a job or no job.  My mom remained a stay at home mom for the most part. They had 5 children and she believed in a mom being at home. We always sat down as a family and had supper around 6pm. BOY how I'd give anything to go back to those days!  She taught me early on how to cut up a whole chicken and fry it.  We all had our "Favorite" piece of chicken, but we could never get my dads back! For some reason, he liked that piece.  LOL  She even saved the neck and gibs that you would pull out of the center of the chicken to boil later for chicken and rice!  And let me just say that if you had stomach problems..you wanted her chicken & rice.  Oh this gives me and idea. I think I'll send my husband to the grocery store real quick so I can make some chicken & rice.  Maybe that will help my stomach! BRB......Yes, got him going! Maybe soon I'll feel better! Wondering if it was that salad from BWW last night or if I got too hot yesterday.


New Orleans with mom and her sister, Debby.  I had ran the Jazz Half Marathon this year and they came to cheer me on.  We chilled afterwards at Pat O'Brien.  Mom loved the piano bar.  


Girls beach trip!  As I said earlier, we didn't go on vacations when I was a child.  So as an adult, I've taken mom several places.  I'm very blessed to have a job where I can afford to do these things.


Oh yes! Rock & Roll roll-a-coaster at Disney!  You can tell me and mom both love to keep our eyes shut. LOL  I took mom when Erin was at cheer competition in 2010.  It was her 1st time to go to Disney! She loved it so much that I took her back when I ran the Disney Marathon this year!


Me and mom at Animal Kingdom after the Disney Marathon. ;>)   I wouldn't trade anything for these memories! 


My biggest supporter!  Mom came and walked at my local race where my team run4thekids raising money for St. Jude. My mom is not an exerciser so this was HUGE.  I walked her in across the finish line smiling all the way!  


Happy Birthday mom!  Hope you have a blessed day and I promise when my stomach is better, we will celebrate!  


 Proverbs 31:28 – Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK! D

PS.... as it's the 10 year anniversary of Katrina.... let me just say that MOM saved us during that time!!! We cooked out of her freezer for a week.  So thankful for her always gardening and putting of food in those 2 big freezers at her house! Cause this woman had no food saved up in a freezer.  We sure ate very well during those dark storm days! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Half Marathon #50 for me! Run the Rainbow for the Children's Hospital in Jackson, Ms

  Saturday, March 16, 2024 I ran my 50th half marathon.  WOW!  never in a million years when I was younger would I have thought I would or e...