Thursday, October 29, 2015

2 Days and counting down.......



Tomorrow I'll officially board that plane and be up, up and away.  The past couple of days have been nerve racking to say the least!  My husband has been having bad stomach issues since Tuesday.  He was awake most of the night on Monday in severe pain.  He called his doctor on Tuesday morning but they didn't have an appointment until Thursday (today).  So I've been worrying myself sick as to whether he would be able to travel or not.  I begged him to go on to another doctor on Tuesday but you know men.. STUBBORN!  
He has a history of Diverticulitis. Which is bulging pouches that can form in the lining of your digestive system and when one or more of the pouches become inflamed or infected the condition is known as diverticulitis.  Diverticulitis can cause severe abdominal pain, fever, nausea and a marked change in your bowel habits.  When it flares up it is bad.  He has not been able to eat anything for 3 days so he's been on a liquid diet.  So you can say I've been a little concerned about our travel this weekend!  It's like an act of congress to change a plane ticket into another name especially this late in the game.  

He called me after lunch today and said the doctor is treating him with some medicine and a very bland diet for 10 days.  He can have no sauces, fried food, nuts, seeds, pizza, rich desserts or alcohol.  So now there goes some of my pre-planned meals in New York. :(  

We fly out tomorrow morning and I was sure looking forward to stopping and getting me a big old slice of New York Pizza late Friday! He may have to watch me eat it!!  I had also pre-purchased pasta in the park tickets thru the marathon organization and was looking forward to that Saturday evening before the race on Sunday.  Guess that's out now.  Then I had made reservations at Carmines, which is a family style Italian place, for Sunday night after I finish the race and I guess that's out now also! BOOOO HOOOO (it really is halloween..ha)  I did check their menu a few minutes ago hoping they would have something he could eat, but I don't think there is anything he can have that wouldn't make him sick.  


However, as of right now, I really feel like a "can of busted biscuits".  While in taper mode, it makes me feel like I've gained 10 pounds.  I feel like I've done hardly any exercise in the last two weeks to burn calories and I've been eating non-stop! 



I have no idea what I'll be eating now in NY.  I just hope and pray that he feels better and we have a nice time.  I would hate for him to have to sit in the hotel room all weekend, which he reminded me that it's FOOTBALL season and he would be just fine sitting in the bed watching it.  He really hates the race scene anyway and was only going with me because I wasn't traveling with my run team as usual.  I guess he felt like he needed to protect me in New York. :>) 

I should be working to get all my work caught up because I'm off a couple of days, but my mind keeps drifting.  I'm about to run one of the top 5 largest marathons in the US! I've seriously been so pumped for about a month until the past few days.  I know there is a reason for everything and I must trust God that it will all be fine this weekend.  It's just so dang hard to do that.  Even my devotion this morning was about casting all your worries at God's feet.  I'm trying.. I promise! I'm a work in progress (RTE).

Three of my coworkers who are also on my run team brought me the sweetest gift this morning.  It really touched me.  They know how I've been worrying this week about my husband.  Since I'll be at the starting line from 7:15 am until 11 am when my wave starts, I plan to read each of these 26 cards that are filled with bible verses and inspirational quotes.  They will help me focus and take my worry away.  Thanks so much to my friends!  You are very special!


I really do have AWESOME friends!  Several have sent me sweet emails, text, and called with best wishes for this weekend.  I have one that has sent me an inspirational quote every morning! She may seem like a tough cookie when screaming at us in spin class, but she's really a sweetheart. :>)  Then I have another friend that HAND wrote me a 3 page letter.  Now who hand writes these days?? LOL  It brought tears to my eyes.  It takes special people to take the time out of their busy lives to do "little" things for others.  She reminded me to just be ME and enjoy the race and that's exactly what I plan to do.  My husband may be laying in the hotel not feeling well, but I can't let that distract me.  I may never get back to do this race so I plan to enjoy it to the fullest.  

When I did the Disney Marathon back in January I asked my family and friends to send me inspiration quotes.  This is the one my son sent me: 
I will be thinking this on Sunday! 


Let's do this thing! I'm ready! D








No comments:

Post a Comment

10 days post Boston Marathon 2024

  Have you ever second guessed yourself? Ever sat and tried to figure out what went wrong? It's now 10 days post Boston Marathon.  I kin...