Friday, January 5, 2018

2018 Goals........


Wow... can you believe it is already 2018!!! Seems the older I get the faster time goes by!  

I was just sitting here thinking about my goals for 2018.  I've yet to write any down.  This is unusual for me!  I like to write them down and at least tell them to someone so they become real.  It kind of holds me accountable.  

I'll still just not sure what I want to accomplish this year in the exercise realm of things.  Last year I knew I wanted to complete the Dopey Challenge, several half marathons, a couple duathlons, and a couple triathlons.  Matter of fact looking back....  I completed the following in 2017:

 9 half marathons (1 half was in dopey challenge)
1 marathon (in the dopey challenge)
1 20K
2 10k
2 duathlons
3 sprint TRIs
Metric Century bike ride (62.5 miles)
1 almost Half Ironman (swim canceled).. so 69.1 instead of 70.3

I did a lot! LOL  Maybe that's why my bursitis kicked up so much. hee hee  But I had so much FUN!  It really was a FUN year at the races.  I didn't run any of them hard.  I ran with so many friends and we just talked and laughed as we completed each race. There was no stress on time.  I really enjoyed that part. 

 One thing I do want to focus more on this year is my YOGA practice.  I started last year during my bursitis and noticed that it really made me feel better and I enjoyed getting in touch with my body.  The breathing helps you relax and it also helps stretch and strengthen your muscles.  I went to a 70 minute hip opener class once a week for a couple of months.  I LOVED the class.  Then we had 2 deaths in our family and everything has kind of fallen apart.  My goal is to get back on track with YOGA and a workout plan.  I can start back running in 2 weeks and boy I'm looking forward to that.  



I have to tell myself this every day! We are so busy in our every day lives, but it's so important for your health to make that time.  If we wait till we find time, it won't happen.... and I'm saying this to myself. :>) 

As of right now, I've signed up for 1 half marathon, 1 full marathon (Hawaii.... YIPPIE), and a 100 mile bike ride.  I'm debating some other races.  I've gotten to where I want to do new races that I haven't done but to do that you almost have to go out of town.  Not many marathons within 30 miles of where I live. ha!  With Hawaii this year, I've got to limit those out of town races where it adds up in expenses.  Both my kids have moved out (complete empty nest!) and there are some renovations I want to do at my house...... there goes some race money.. hee hee  

What I really hope to accomplish in 2018 is to be a better person.  I want to be a better wife, mother, friend, sister-in-law, daughter, etc.  I want to spread LOVE and I want God's light to shine through me in all that I do.  I fall short in this often.  I tend to get discouraged or aggravated at times and do or say things I shouldn't and then regret them big time.  I want to be more like my stepson who recently passed.  He was always kind.  All the people that knew him tell me they never heard him say a cross word.  He was so easy going.  I hope this also rubs off on his dad.  Gary is so short tempered.  I know we don't know God's reasons for things, but there is always a positive.  May we all share LOVE in 2018. 


Love,
D



   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Boston Marathon 2024 (Part 2 - The Marathon)

  Once again I say, I just can't thank you enough to Susan Hurley, Founder and Owner of Charity Teams and Kim Chisholm, Executive Direct...