Tuesday, March 9, 2021

MS50 - 20K 3/6/21 - WALKED


 We knew this race was probably happening.  Heck it's out in the woods.  We didn't really fear that COVID would shut it down and it didn't. 😃  However, this race I was not with my PPRF girls that I've been running a lot with lately.  I was with some old running friends that I've really missed!  

This year we did not RUN the 20K.  We all WALKED.  Yep, that's a FIRST for me. 😀 and to be honest I was a tad concerned about walking 12.4 miles!  I didn't want to be out in the woods all day.  I kept thinking about all the things I could be doing at home!  I have tons of sewing to do on my big project I'm working on.  However, once the race started and we were all walking, I laughed so much and had a great time.  A couple of my friends have not had time to train due to injury, life, etc. so that's why they were not running.  Otherwise we would of all tried to run most of it.  It was a beautiful spring day! The sun was shinning and we all enjoyed each other's company.  However...... guess what our walk time was??? 4 Hours and 28 minutes! WHEW!  I've ran 26.2 miles in that time before. 😂  It was a long time on my feet and my shins were pretty sore the next 2 days! 😅 and still sore today 😕🙈


Here are a few pics:







Me with the GoPro 😀






Sunshine got her 10 year award




Serina got her 10 year award


The group! Me, Frank, Missy, Serina, Dennis, Doris, & Sunshine! What a blast these people are to be with!! 😍😍😍😎 Even though there was some mud, it was probably the driest year I've seen and I've done the race like 8 times.   UPDATE:  8 is right... I finally went back and reviewed all the previous years results to make sure I was right on 8 and looks like the 2 years I didn't do the race because I was preparing for Ironman is the 2 that knocked me out of getting my 10 year award.  Here's the numbers:

2012 - Vol run - 20K
2013 - 20K
2014 - 20K
2015 - 50K
2016 - 50K
2017 - 20K
2020 - 50K
2021 - 20K
That's a total of 8 years.  In 2018 I was training hard for Chattanooga Ironman and didn't want to do any races where there was a chance I might get hurt.... and then the week b4 ironman I had a bike crash and didn't even get to do ironman!  Then in 2019 I decided to try again for Ironman so I skipped the trail run again.   This time I did complete ironman, but missed another year at the MS50.   Maybe in 2023 I'll get my 10 year award. 😏😀

Well that's a wrap on the MS50... Until next year! Hope we all running together then....  Sunshine mentioned she wants to do the 50K again... 😏😕😁  Guess well see in 12 months... I’ve done it 3 times... we’ll see if there is another 🤪😁

What's on the horizon next for me?? well, I was going to go to the Zydeco half marathon in Louisiana this weekend, but some of my daugher's friends are having her an engagement party so I'm staying put here in town so I can go to the party and enjoy the moment with my daughter 💕💕💕😍

But don't you worry... I'll still be running, biking and swimming.. my coach demands it. 😄











No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying Pig Marathon - 5/4/24

  Last marathon for me until the Fall. 🙌🙌🙌😁 3 weeks after Boston another marathon.. say what.. ha ... I think we actually registered for...