Monday, September 28, 2015

In the nick of time!

Washington,  DC & PA trip

Day 1 - what an early morning. Our flight out of New Orleans was scheduled for 7:20am so that meant leaving house at 3:45am.  I awoke around 3:20am and started watching the clock.  I kept waiting for Gary's alarm to go off but it never did so at 3:35am I got on up. I turned on then lights and started making coffee. I figured he would get on up but he was just a snoring. So I decided I was going to have to wake the sleeping bear.  He immediately assured me we had plenty of time. Which is odd for him cause he's always rushing me.

We left the house around 4:13am .... Already behind my planned schedule by almost 30 minutes. I drove as usual. It was a very quite drive. I was so very sleepy. I had not taken a shower which usually wakes me up. I didn't even put on makeup. All I did was brush my hair and teeth and slap on come comfy stretch pants with a T- shirt and I was ready. Basically kind of felt like a run day where I jump up and slap my clothes on and head out. 

Driving was good until we reached the La state line. Then we hit 1 lane traffic due to road construction. Grrrr and there were cops everywhere to make sure everyone was going around 30-40 mph.   I kept watching the clock thinking that I sure hoped there would not be a huge checkin line. We usually park our car at the airport Hilton hotel cause it's cheaper than airport parking so I took the turn heading that way. The roads get very confusing right around the airport. I asked Gary if I should stay right or left cause it's like you have to drive completely around the airport to get to the Hilton on the other side. Well...... Let's just say we didn't stay in the right lane and it was too late by the time I realized it to swap. So we were headed back out I-10!! Gary started saying we are screwed now. All I could think was we are going to miss our flight and the next one doesn't leave for hours!  

We finally got where we could turn around and try to head back. We finally arrived at the Hilton. Then we had to wait another 15 minutes on the shuttle to take us to the airport. I was sweating bullets. We checked our bags in and headed to the gate. I looked at my watch and it was 7:05am so I said I think we are going to make it. Then they started announcing last call for flight 4684 to Washington... Final boarding call for flight 4684.  I was like omg we are really going to miss this flight. By now we are walking or I should say jogging to gate C11. As we are getting there they start calling for "Clayton".  Talk about a close call!!! We were last to board plane. Everyone was on and already sitting down waiting!!  Normally we have delayed planes and nothing is every on time. But today it was early!!! 

I'm now sitting in my seat trying to de-stress from the panic. The flight is 2 hours and 30 minutes. So very glad it's direct to Washington. I don't think I could take having to get on another plane today. So wish I could sleep!! I tried but there is no way to get comfy In these small seats! The guy ahead of me has his back of his chair practically in my lap feels like.

Well they say if nothing happens you don't have a story or memory to tell! So let the stories began! Ready to see Washington!! Now to figure out what to do for another 2 1.2 hours.  Oh my I think the guy ahead of me just let out big old fart.  May choke now. 


Made it to hotel. über works. My husband was skeptical but it worked. We were able to check In early which was great since I needed shower. 

more later............

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 days post Boston Marathon 2024

  Have you ever second guessed yourself? Ever sat and tried to figure out what went wrong? It's now 10 days post Boston Marathon.  I kin...