Thursday, September 17, 2015

Virtual - A Star Wars Celebration of Life

Virtual.....

My coworker just asked me what in the world a virtual is so I thought I'd write a quick post to explain it.  I have a little flyer posted in our break room at work advertising this virtual because it's a fundraiser for St. Jude Children's Hospital.  Over the past 3 years that I've ran as a hero for St. Jude.... meaning I run and raise money for them, I've begged for donations through all sorts of means.  I've learned that sometimes people like to get something in return for making a donation so I decided to do this virtual because everyone that signs up will get a nice medal.  

A virtual race is a race that can be ran, walked, biked, swam, skated, danced, etc. You do it at your own pace and your own location and you pick your activity.  And honestly.. you really don't have to do anything because no one is watching you.  :>) 

So here's my Virtual info:

Calling all Jedi! It’s time to unite to fight the dark side (childhood cancer)! Grab your sword lightsaber and let’s join forces to fight childhood cancer.

Children at St. Jude are fighting for their life every day. We can help them by joining forces. It doesn’t matter if you are a runner, walker, biker, swimmer, or whatever your thing may be…. It’s time to join together. Your Jedi Mission is to complete 30 minutes of whatever type activity you’d like to do.

You will be helping a great charity. St. Jude is an amazing Hospital. No family ever has to pay a dime to St. Jude! That’s because the hospital is supported by public contributions. Nearly 81 cents of every dollar donated goes directly to research and treatment.

Registration will be open August 6 through September 19, 2015.

This race is different than your normal race because ……. ALL Jedi that register for this event will receive this beautiful 3 inch medal.



May the force be with you! Deleica, Captain of Team Run4TheKids – we run as heroes and raise money for St. Jude Children’s Hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment

10 days post Boston Marathon 2024

  Have you ever second guessed yourself? Ever sat and tried to figure out what went wrong? It's now 10 days post Boston Marathon.  I kin...