Sunday, September 22, 2019

T-1 week!!!

1 week..... 1 week.... 1 week... then RACE


I can hardly believe it!! 

Here's what my week looked like last week:

Monday - Rest day (however I swapped Monday & Tuesday because I had to go to Jackson on Tuesday for an event) ... So Swim - 1,700 yards 

Swim went good.  I focused on my stroke and tried to mentally picture swimming in the river at a calm pace.  

Tuesday - Rest day...  

The company I work for host a PGA tournament.  Tuesday they  have a women's event.  I love going to the event.  





I won the cookbook on our table! Yippie









It was so neat watching Wyatt paint this chicken during our lunch.  And then they drew for a winner!! I was shocked.  I thought they would auction it off.  Some lady was a lucky winner! 


Wednesday - Run & Bike .. not a brick (didn't get the bike in, but got the run in)

I spend the night at the Golf event so I could watch my boss play the next day.  Krista and I were able to get in a morning run together since she was there.  I really enjoyed our time together! 



 We sent our friend Frank our picture.  He normally runs with Krista when she's home.  He sent back that it must of rained where Krista was running.  He always gives her a hard time about sweating.  It was HOT! 



 Ran into my friend Tommy who just retired from Sanderson!  Good to see him at the Chalet!



My boss waving to us as he's walking the first hole.  My coworker Randall and his son was his caddy. :>)  It was so HOT!! 98 degrees!  I only walked a little and decided I had to get out of that heat!  I'm supposed to be on taper and letting my body get ready for my big race so I did not need to walk all 18 holes in that heat!  
It was a nice distraction to keep my mind off my upcoming race, but I was pretty tired when I got home.  We had stayed up way too late in the chicken coop.... that's what they call the ball room at the hotel where everyone gathers at night to socialize. :>)  

Thursday - Rest day...  

So glad for REST!  Although I had to play catchup all day at work from being out for 2 days! grrrrrrr  Got a message from a guy in Meridian that is also doing chatty.  He's a member of the Mississippi Coffee Runners group.  We chatted a little bit about the race.  He's done the half ironman there 4 times!  I told him I was worried about this heat.  He said his trainer had him drinking Pedialyte now until the day b4 the race.  Said that cramps had cost him his first attempt at the Chatty full.  So guess what?  I purchased me some at lunch.  I mean what could it hurt?  I want to be ready to conquer this heat! 



Friday - Swim 2,000 yards

Oh it felt GREAT to do that last 2,000 yard practice swim! I had a BIG old smile on my face afterwards!  Then I prayed ... Dear Lord, Just let me finish this weekend without any injuries.  Keep me safe and get me to race day so I can cross that finish line with your help.  In Jesus name, Amen.




Saturday - 40 mile bike + 1 mile run

Originally the plan was to bike on Sunday and I was going to do the Southern Magnolia bike ride on the coast.  Then I mentioned to Lisa about me biking on Saturday instead so I could go to church on Sunday.  She said she liked that idea even better.  So I did an easy 40 mile bike followed by a 1 mile brick run.  I was very cautious on the bike ride.  I kept remember that last year I wrecked this same weekend and was out of the race.  So I stayed focused on the road ahead of me and just rode easy.  I ended up seeing 2 others that are also doing Chatty and 2 that are doing Augusta Ironman next weekend.   We all chatted about how we were riding easy and trying to stay safe.  I felt so much better about not waiting and driving to the coast on Sunday for the Magnolia ride.  I had a huge smile on my face most of the bike ride and I shed a few tears.  Not sad tears, but joyful tears that things were coming together for race day.  I was pumped when I was finished and I thank God for keeping me safe.

Then..... later that day I received a message from my friend Jennifer, who has also been training for Chatty with me.  She didn't bike with me Saturday morning because she was doing a 5K with a friend that morning, so she planned to bike later around her house.  She texted me to tell me she had just wrecked her bike.  My heart just sank!! She will be seeing an Ortho doc next week, but she's pretty sure she has a fractured clavicle!! I am so heart broken.  I really had hoped we might see each other along the course at some point.  But I'm more heartbroken that she wrecked.  I know how it feels.  You are mad at yourself and wonder WHY!  All the training!   I remember feeling so lost after my wreck.  But somehow, I feel now that it was all part of God's plan for me.  I feel different this year.  I can't really explain it, but I'm ready to do this. 

 Praying maybe Jennifer will get better news from her ortho doc next week!  Cause I'm sure gonna miss her if she can't go! 

Sunday - 1 hour run

It was cool Sunday morning and my run felt great.  Maybe it is because I was so relieved the bike was over and I did not wreck.  :>). I still have a couple of short workouts this week just to keep my muscles ready for race day so I'm still taking it one day at a time and thanking God each day that I survive without any injuries.  

This Mississippi girl is ready! 




Being delivered to Chatty next weekend



Someone shared this on the Chattanooga ironman fb page. I had to share... so true. Why couldn’t the weather be like this weekend? I literally had chill bumps on my bike yesterday when I started out. So cool. 
Next Sunday calling for 98-99 in Chattanooga fo race 😱. The last time it was this hot for the race was 2016 and 39% of the racers DNF (did not finish).  😢
We can’t control the heat. But we can control our attitude and the choices we make during the race. I plan to race with God as my guide. Slow and steady. Don’t sweat the heat, just focus on one piece at a time and stay hydrated leaving it all in God’s hands.  🙏🙏🙏
On a side note... wonder how many cool arm sleeves and cooling towels have been ordered on Amazon the last couple of days by racers trying to prepare for the heat? 🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️
Dear Lord, give me rest, give me focus, give me faith, give me confidence and let the next few days leading up to next Sunday be focused on you and not stressing over things I can’t control. 🙏❤️ in Christ name, amen.

My friend is making these shirts for my family to wear on race day! 

Well.... the hay is in the barn.  Time to rest and focus mentally.  This time next Sunday I should be well on my bike in the race God willing. :>)

Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying Pig Marathon - 5/4/24

  Last marathon for me until the Fall. 🙌🙌🙌😁 3 weeks after Boston another marathon.. say what.. ha ... I think we actually registered for...