Sunday, September 1, 2019

T - 4 Weeks till Ironman Chattanooga, TN

No Worries, PLEASE

"So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries.  Today's trouble is enough for today."
Matthew 6:34 NLT

Jesus, help me to place all my concerns in your capable hands so that I can be free to praise you as you deserve! 

This is my prayer most every day.  Trust him and not worry cause Lord knows the closer it gets to race day the more crazy thoughts that go through my head!  

So here's my week:

Monday - 1,600 yard recovery swim .....  I was pretty tried Sunday night after my long weekend and really didn't want to swim the next morning.  But I got up anyway and made it to the pool where I found LONG lanes.  I use to hate when they'd turn the pool around to long lanes, but now I embrace them. :>)   I was in and out in roughly 40 minutes with a nice recovery swim.  Felt pretty good.  


Tuesday - Rest day ....  Now when I say rest day, I don't mean I laid around all day.  I still get up and go to work.  LOL   AND usually rest day is the day I get my housework done because all the other days I'm just too tired!  I remember when one of my friends was training for her first ironman.  She would tell me how she had not done housework in forever.  She didn't want anyone to come see her because she said they would literally wash & dry clothes and leave them piled all over the couch.  No time to fold and put them up.  Her and her husband were both training at the same time.   I totally get it now.  I haven't deep cleaned my house in over 2 years... YIKES.  

Wednesday - Bike ... Depending on healing in the private area.. :>) Well, I'm happy to report I was able to get in a hour ride on my peloton.  I did one of Matt's power zone endurance rides.  The ride is more about building endurance than racing at a high speed to see who you can beat.  He stresses to stay in your zones.... build endurance.   It was a great class and I was excited to be able to do it without much pain down in my chaffing area.  



Thursday - 45 min bike + 15 min brick run

Yay another Peloton ride.  I took one of Dennis' classes.  It was a mixture of intervals with some added arms.  Great class! Then I grabbed a quick 15 minute run.  Check out Dennis! 


Friday - 9 mile run 
I was off work because I was heading to Ga around lunch time so I enjoyed my morning by drinking my coffee and not having to get up at 4 or 4:30am!  Then I got in my 9 mile run before Jennifer and I left for Ga at lunch.  

Saturday - 2.4 mile swim... Chase the Hooch in Columbus, Ga

I had done this swim last year and it really pumped me up knowing I could swim 2.4 miles in a river before the race so I had mentioned it to Jennifer and we decided to go.  But then on Wednesday I kept reading info about this training camp at Chattanooga.  I couldn't get it off my mind.  I was so aggravated that I did not realize they were doing a camp.  They were going to swim, bike and run on the actual course for the ironman race!  So I told Jennifer about it.  But it would mean we would of spent two nights away from home.  She has a 13 year old so it wasn't good for her plus Thursday when I got to work and pulled up my hotel reservation for Ga, I couldn't cancel my room without a one night penalty.  So that was my answer to my prayer.  See I prayed and prayed for God to send me some sign as to whether I needed to skip Ga and go to Chattanooga or if I just needed to keep my original plans.  It's like my friend Krista reminded me..... I didn't have to go to Chattanooga for camp to really be prepared for the race because God will be right there by my side on race day.  He's with me every step of the way.  So I felt better about going on to GA.  

Even though I had done the swim before, I was still nervous that morning.  Jennifer and I arrived early and noticed there was barely any flow in the river.  Usually it has a good downstream flow.  When the race director starting briefing us before the swim she said the river was extremely low.  There would be spots you could literally walk if you got too far from the middle of the river..... so there was little flow.  This made us more nervous.  We were not going to have a nice current to help us!  We chatted with a woman as we were about to start and she told us she was training for Ironman Florida.  I asked her if she did the half ironman in Florida back in May.  She said yes, but I DNF on the swim.  I felt so bad for her, but I understood completely because that water was ROUGH and I didn't know if I'd make it! 

Jenn & I before the swim:








The river really is pretty.  It's a beautiful area.  I guess cause I was nervous I never noticed my watch was on pool swim and not on open water swim!!  When I finally finished which seemed like FOREVER! I was so glad to see the last buoy!  My watch said I had only done 200 meters!! LOL.  I could only laugh!  


    

  I had to manually adjust my distance..... and it still shows I only burned 4 calories.... hee hee...  My time wasn't as good as last year....that just shows what a current can do for your swim.  Here's my time from last year:



Jenn smoked the swim! She beat me by like 20 minutes.  I tell you..she's a BEAST!  and I Love her! We feed off of each other when training... or I feed off her! She pushes me.  

Here we are after we finished and our towel we got! Yay Quick shower and 5 hour drive back home to prepare for long bike on Sunday.




Sunday - 70 mile bike + 20 min run

So Jenn talked me into riding 100 with her!  She is going to be out of town the next 2 weekends and said it was her only time she could get 100 in and wanted to get it done.  So I told her I'd try depending on how I felt.  Well, I felt GREAT.  We rode 100 with no issues.  NO CRAMPS! and I just felt good!  We ran 20 minutes after and grabbed this pic:



I was pumped that I felt so good!  I've head a few bad workouts lately or ones that I just had no energy at the end, but today was a different story.  I felt really good.  I felt so good I came home and washed my vehicle.  I haven't done that in forever.  I've been coming home and crashing after a long workout.   I really think since I started hydrating differently that it has helped me.  Sometimes I feel I'm eating a ton of salt, but it's keeping me going when I'm sweating so bad.  

So this week was a good week for me.  Yay and I GIVE ALL THE GLORY TO GOD!! I COULD NEVER DO ALL THIS WITHOUT HIS STRENGTH.  

GUESS WHAT.....


Bib #'s are out! 


IT'S GETTING VERY REAL!! 

BRING ON ANOTHER WEEK. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying Pig Marathon - 5/4/24

  Last marathon for me until the Fall. 🙌🙌🙌😁 3 weeks after Boston another marathon.. say what.. ha ... I think we actually registered for...