Friday, July 3, 2015

Day 3 - #runselfiechallenge running shoes - Destin Vaca

Day 3 of the run selfie challenge - running shoes




Rest day..... so I left my running shoes and headed to the beach for relaxation. 

Yesterday, I told the boys since we are down at Holiday Isle that I would get up early and go down to Pompano Joes to the public beach area and get us a spot so they could be by all the younger folks.  See down where we are at so far we have mostly seen older folks / families with young kids.  Well, you know guys around 21 and older want to be around college age or older folks. LOL   So Erin and I got up before the boys and headed down to save us a spot.  It was HOT.  No breeze at all! 



We had to bandage her toe real good before we left.  Boy what a vacation! Starting off with an injury!  We waited and waited on the boys!  My mom sent me this pic while we were waiting on boys.  Today is their 50th wedding anniversary! What an achievement! 


They are at their fishing camp in Alabama.  They took my sister and her two girls and my brother's son with them.   I know they are having a blast! 

The boys finally told us they were not coming to where me and Erin were so we loaded up and headed back to Holiday Isle to sit with them on the beach.  However, we had to stop at several surf shops on the way back so Erin could look for her a 4th of July bathing suit!  We finally found one at the last stop! YIPPIE! (PICS TO COME TOMORROW)

We arrived back at our condo and went to chill and watch the sunset.  I love this time of day!!! It's my favorite time of the day on the beach!





Erin and I sat until like 8pm and then decided it was time to go in and get a bath.  Oh it feels so good to be clean.  No sand or sweat.   Boys are on the deck singing and listening to tunes.  There is no place I'd rather be then with my kids.  I call them kids even though they are 25 and 22! But to me they will always be my babies. :>) 

I saw this sail boat as we were getting ready to leave.  Absolutely beautiful.


It's past my bedtime again and I'm still up.  It's going to take me a few days to get back on schedule when I get home! I didn't run today which is very unusual for me but I did my 1 minute planks! Haven't missed a day in over 2 months!  

God Bless and Good Night all! D

Either you ran today or you didn't! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

10 days post Boston Marathon 2024

  Have you ever second guessed yourself? Ever sat and tried to figure out what went wrong? It's now 10 days post Boston Marathon.  I kin...