Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July 1st - 1st day of #runselfiechallenge & 1st day of Destin Vaca

Today started off pretty good with a 5 mile run at 5am.  I had debated on running before driving to the beach and decided since we couldn't check in till 3pm that I would go ahead and get my run in and make sure I did day 1 of the run selfie challenge for the month of July.  Yesterday RTE emailed us our July calendar with instructions for the picture challenge for each day.  Today was easy.  Pick your favorite beverage.  I started to pick water because that's my all time favorite drink, but picked my favorite post run drink..... Chocolate Milk.
They will give awards for pictures and if you post 20 days out of the month, you'll be entered for the big prize at the end. :>)



Going to be interesting tomorrow..doing day 2. LOL 

We had a nice drive to the beach.  Traffic wasn't bad.  Maybe because it was Wednesday.  We arrived around 2:30pm and our room was ready.  



Not where we normally stay where you can open your back door and literally walk out on the beach... but still pretty nice.  So we headed out to take advantage of the nice wind blowing before dark. 


It was very pleasant this afternoon.  We sit and chilled till around 6:30pm and decided to head back to the room.  As we were getting close to the walkway that leads from the condos to the beach, Erin stubbed her toe on a piece on concrete under the sand.  It literally pulled her toenail right off...YIKES.


I felt so sorry for her.  She said it was throbbing so badly! We rinsed if off in the water hose before walking to the room but it wouldn't stop bleeding.  So we headed to Walgreens to get some supplies.  We got some peroxide to clean it with and boy did it bubble for days! Then she topped it off with Neosporin and we have liquid bandage for tomorrow. 


Then we had to go in Winn Dixie to get a few supplies for our condo and she said her toe was throbbing so badly that she had to use the handicap buggy.  I'm glad they had 3 parked out front of the store and the store wasn't too busy. LOL 


Poor baby! She even bought her some Tylenol PM so she could sleep. LOL  I sure hope her toe is better tomorrow.  She's already in bed sleeping! Now we are worried about all that flesh eating bacteria everyone is talking about in the water! 

Well, it's WAY past my bedtime and I had a feeling I'm going to pay for it tomorrow! I feel so much better when I go to bed around 9pm every night.  The boys just left walking back out to the beach.  We may not hear them again until who knows when! I'm sure they looking for chicks. 

Have a nice night. 
D

Thank you dear Lord for our safe travels today! continue to watch over us and protect us and bring us home safely in a couple of days.  Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boston Marathon 2024 (Part 2 - The Marathon)

  Once again I say, I just can't thank you enough to Susan Hurley, Founder and Owner of Charity Teams and Kim Chisholm, Executive Direct...