Sunday, June 28, 2015

I am in PROGRESS

Some days I just want to zip my mouth shut.  One of my weaknesses is saying something out loud before I can stop it and then realizing how it sounded, but by that time it's too late cause the person that heard it has already took it the wrong way. Ever had that happen to you?  It's a terrible feeling cause deep down you never meant to say it the way it came out but it's too late to take it back.  So what do you do?  Well, I try to retreat or should I say.... get away from that person as fast as I can.  Well, not every person cause some you can immediately say what you really meant and they are fine with it....but then there is those others that no matter how you try to explain what you were trying to say, they will never accept it.  They are like a strong will child that will argue with you over a blue wall and say it's black no matter what.  They are determined and head strong to be the "RIGHT" one.  Some of you with teenagers probably really understand this cause you spend most of your days arguing with your teenager who thinks you as an old adult know nothing. Hee Hee

So what's the proper way to handle some people that are very controversial?  I have no idea except pray.  And I mean I pray for myself.  I pray for God to keep my mouth shut or let me say the right thing.   I do not claim to know all because I am in PROGRESS.  I'm still figuring out many things even at 48 (well, might as well say 49 cause it's just days away.... OH MY).

What I do know is I LOVE team Run4TheKids!  There are 40 of us and each one has their own personality.  But I can honestly say that every one of them is an encourager.  I believe that's why we are so drawn to each other.  "People who have an amazing sense of positivity are great to be around and train with.  When you are around them, they make you want to be a better person. They just have that aura!" Amy Yoder Begley.   She says it perfectly for me!  When we run, bike or swim together we are always encouraging to each other.   Yes, we may have bad days and even this weekend one said to me, "I'm just kind of grumpy" and I just smiled and understood completely cause I have those days.

Tonight as I was posting the next letter for the ABCs of cancer by St. Jude's kids, I was reminded that we just need to be thankful for God's blessings.


My grandmother is one of my greatest blessings.  She's rock solid in her faith and still supporting the Sellers Clan! :>)

Erin, Alice (mawmaw Sellers) and Me today at mom's for lunch.




and here's another one of my blessings.... Team Run4TheKids (all not in picture).

I am very thankful for each member on this team! You guys rock! You are incredible people to be around.  Now let's get busy! December is right around the corner...time for some LSD runs. :>)  
Cap'n D

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.  Philippians 1:3





No comments:

Post a Comment

Countdown to the Boston Marathon 2024 (marathon #35)

 3 days away from Boston 5K with mom and 5 days away from Boston Marathon for me...    As I sit here just days before the widely known Bosto...