Sunday, June 14, 2015

The title of my blog is Prayers, Promises & Praises and today I've had many prayers flowing through my mind.  Most of my family can tell when I have a lot on my mind cause I tend to clean like crazy.  I guess it's a way to work through all the things that are bothering me.  Oh and don't make me mad cause that makes me clean also.  Tonight I have a very long prayer.   They say sometimes if you write down what's on your mind it releases you from worrying about it.  So here's my prayer:

Dear Lord,

I come to you with a heavy heart.  I have so many friends and family members going through very difficult times.  Sometimes I feel that the world is getting smaller and smaller and it's going to suffocate me. I tend to worry about things that I know I shouldn't worry about.  I should trust you.  And honestly I try to trust you completely but at times I fail.  Today I've let many things all pile up into one big volcano and it's about to burst.  Help me to remember that you are faithful and I need to trust you.  See I'm worried about one of my brothers and his son.  Their relationship has deteriorated until they have nothing to do with each other.  But I know my brother and if something happen to his son today and he never saw him again it would eat him inside that they left things unresolved.  And I know my nephew.  It's eating him inside that they do not have the father / son relationship that they should even though he would never admit it.  Saying your sorry is one of the hardest things ever to do.  They both are waiting for that to happen.  I pray that they realize that we aren't promised another minute in this lifetime and may they understand that in the bible it says we are to be Christ like.  We are to LOVE as Christ loved.  Forget the "well you did this in the past" and move forward. We can't rewrite the past. What is done is done and we must move forward.  Life is too precious to set and wait for an apology.  I pray you give them peace but most of all I pray that you let them see that they are both letting the devil win.  I know there is tons of troubled water but may they find that bridge to lead them back to each other.  May my nephew realize that by keeping his kids from his dad it is just hurting the kids.  Don't use them as a pawn.  And may my brother realize that he's the grandparent and he should want his son to spend as much time with his kids as a father should on his visitation time.  Sometimes I think it's fear that holds us back.  Fear of saying I'm sorry.  Fear of admitting guilt.  But I believe we can let that fear rule us or we can take control of it.

We all tend to try to solve problems and I'm the type that just wants to make everyone happy.   May we all remember that in Psalms 34 the words remind us that the Lord solves problems for "people who do what is right."  And usually doing "what is right" means doing the uncomfortable work of confronting our problems sooner rather than later.

I also pray for my sister-in-law that is watching her father suffer with cancer.  I pray that you give her the strength she needs to cope each day.  May she find quiet time each day to spend with you so she can draw from your peace and strength.  Give her father the strength he needs to endure treatments and may you lay you healing hands upon him.  Bless her sweet mother also.  Give her the wisdom and strength to handle the situation of her husband fighting cancer.  I know that with my sister-in-law being an only child that she is left with the burden of doing everything.  Please bless her and I pray if she needs help she will allow others in to be there for her.

I also pray for a couple of my friends that have lost their jobs due to the oil field.  May you send them work soon and may you give them what they need while they are waiting for a job opportunity.  You know dear Lord that some of my friends are battling several things today.  May you comfort them.  Wrap your loving arms around them.  And may I be a good friend if they need me.

I pray for a dear sweet high school friend that recently lost her son.  I can't imagine the grief that she must be going through.  May you comfort her and her family.  May she find peace knowing that she will see her son again.  There are so many families that are suffering with the loss of a love one.  Help me to be a comforter to those that need comforting but may they find their strength through you.

I pray for my run team.  May we all remember why the team was formed.  May we run and honor you while we raise money for the children of St. Jude! Help us to all encourage each other and work together.

I pray that the doctors at St. Jude continues to find cures for cancer so that more children have a chance at living a full life.  Bless those children has they are undergoing so many treatments.  Give them strength and courage.

I could go on and on with so many prayers but you know my heart.  You know my thoughts even if I don't write them down in this prayer.  May you guide me daily so that everything I do and say be becoming to you.  Thank you for today! Thank you for all my many blessings! In Christ name, Amen










No comments:

Post a Comment

Boston Marathon Weekend 2024 (Part 1 - Travel with mom)

  I decided to break this post into 2 parts because there is just so much to share about Boston. πŸ’›πŸ’™ First, my mom went with me to Boston. ...