Friday, June 26, 2015

Stink, Stunk, Stank

Funky-smelling gym clothes happen, this is more or less a fact of life.

Have you ever had that feeling where you're wondering if it's you or the person next to you that stinks? Well, I had it bad Wednesday night at spin. I kept thinking that I hope it's not me but someone smells. It's that time of year where we are all soaking wet with sweat while exercising. Everyday my clothes are drenched in sweat even at 5am!

I got home from spin Wednesday and as I peeled my drenched clothes off and as my shirt came up and across my nose...... I realized....It was ME!!! Ughhhhh. All I can say is that I'm very sorry to Serina and Belinda that were right beside me in class. 

After a hardcore workout, the last thing you want to do is deal with laundry. Unfortunately, leaving your rotten gym clothes in a pile on the bathroom floor for a week will definitely make the situation worse. I DO NOT do this!  I wash everyday at my house! So I'm not sure why this one shirt and sports bra smelled so badly! 

So how do you treat your sweaty clothes? I've done some research and this is what I've found:

1. Dilute one ounce of laundry detergent in a half gallon of warm water. 2. Squeeze an entire lemon’s worth of juice into the solution. The citric acid helps to break up oils from the skin, especially useful for those foul-smelling gym socks. 3. Gently scrub the armpits, neckline, the bottom of your gym bag, and any other odorous areas with the solution and a brush before washing.

2. Pre-soak the gear in 1 cup of white vinegar and cold water before laundering.  


 I'm not sure what works best.  Maybe you can give me some tips!  All I know is sometimes you just want to throw it out and not even try to save that piece of clothing. 


To all my running/biking/swimming buddies... I'm sorry if I've smelled.  I promise to try to do better.  However... Yeah. I smell.  Whatever.  I’m a runner.  Get used to it! :>) 

Hope you have a blessed weekend if you stink, stank or stunk. :>)  

D

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 days post Boston Marathon 2024

  Have you ever second guessed yourself? Ever sat and tried to figure out what went wrong? It's now 10 days post Boston Marathon.  I kin...